Teenage Desires Part Two

A loud ringing snapped me out of my day dream. It was the bell. Finally! A double lesson of English is never good; it bores me on a normal day... let alone the day I met a boy I just couldn't seem to get out of my head. I found it impossible to concentrate for the whole two hours I was there and lets be honest... pride and prejudice gets a little old after you've seen the film six times. My nan had a little obsession with it, she made me sit and watch it with her pretty much every time we visited her.

When the teacher finally decided to dismiss us, I stood up. I leant over to grab my bag and my cardigan and headed straight for the door with Shannon, Bethany and Serena. Shannon grabbed my hand and pulled me to the side of the corridor, taking me by surprise.   

"Okay what's the deal... what happened? Are you alright?" she asked with a hint of concern in her voice.

"I'm fine, honestly. Why don't we go to the canteen girls? I'm starving and I'll tell you there, it's not really anything to worry about." I finished.

After a few huffs and puffs from my friends, I managed to move them towards the canteen. We all joined the back of the queue, after a while waiting we all grabbed our food and walked over to an empty table. I was nervous to see what my friends would have to say about Riley, but honestly... I really couldn't wait to tell them. I don't want to sound obsessive, like I couldn't move him from my mind and I never want my friends to think I'll suddenly leave them for him. We all sat down in silence, they must really think something's wrong with me. I decided to break the silence, the suspense must be killing them, I know them all too well. 

"So, I kind of met someone" I said shyly, my cheeks heating up as I spoke. 

"Oh my god! Someone as in?" Bethany asked, sounding excited. 

"Yeah" I said smiling, knowing exactly what she meant. 

"Who Ava?" Serena asked excitedly, pulling at my arm like a little girl. 

"His name is Riley, I hadn't met him before today, but he said he's been in classes with me for at least three years. At first I thought he was new!" I chuckled to myself at my own stupidity, I always was 'away with the fairies' as my mum had always said. 

"So, what does he look like?" Shannon asked. 

"He has sort of messy brown hair and blue eyes. He's absolutely gorgeous girls" I said, blushing as the words left my mouth. 

"Aww, Ava's in love!" joked Bethany.

I laughed along with the jokes my friends made; I knew I had this to come. They will all want to meet him soon, I know they will. I want to get to know him myself first. I really don't know how tonight will go and I don't know what to expect but, I've never been this excited over a guy before.

Riley's Point of View

I couldn't get her out of my head. She is so beautiful, honestly. It seems like this girl I just met has captured my heart. She's seems so down to earth, I love that about her. I couldn't concentrate throughout my lessons and I can't stop thinking about our date tonight. I need to think of something we can do that will show her how fun I can be... ice skating, a movie, maybe dinner? I don't know. I need a second opinion. I walked to the canteen and walked over to Nate. I've known Nate since we were kids, our mothers work together and decided to set up a play date, we've been close ever since. 

"Hey" I greeted. 

"Hey man, where were you? First period?" he inquired.   

"Well that's kind of why I'm here" I began. "See, I met this girl. I'm taking her out tonight but, I don't know where to take her. I don't want her to think I'm boring or trying to hard you know?" I finished. 

"Just do what you think she'll like, you can't go wrong with dinner though right?" he concluded, pleased that he'd come up with some sort of plan.

"Yeah thanks Nate. You're a big help" I replied, almost sounding sarcastic. Sarcasm wasn't exactly my strong point.

Thinking about it, maybe I should take her on a kind of Riley date. I could take her to my favourite place in the world. It's where I sit and think. When life gets too much I drive up there. It always feels like it's so peaceful, I can think there. She'll love the view and the chance to lay and look at the stars. From inside the city, you can't really see them with all the lights from different buildings.  I'll have to sort out a picnic and speak to my dad to see if I can use his car.

Ava's Point of View

It's coming towards the end of the day now. I'm starting to really look forward to tonight, I just need to find something to wear. I don't want to look like I'm trying too hard but, I definitely want to make an effort. This is so hard, I never go on dates!

Soon the school bell rang. I got up out of my seat, grabbed my bag and cardigan and shot out of the door to meet Grayson. He was waiting at the front steps for me. My dad was running a little late on picking us up, as always. So, we sat and spoke for a while. 

"Any plans for tonight?" Grayson asked. 

"Yeah actually, I have a date" I replied. 

"A date? Who with?" he asked, looking surprised and slightly annoyed. 

"You really need to start minding your own business but, his name is Riley." I snapped.

Just as I finished my sentence, my dad pulled up. I quickly stood up and made my way towards the car, I opened the door and quickly got in. I'm lost without my iPod now that it's a bit damaged, well... a lot damaged. I'll have to listen to my brother whine at me about my date tonight all the way home. To be honest I couldn't care less what he thought; I'm doing this for me. The car ride dragged, just as I expected. I couldn't wait to get home and start getting myself ready. I have so much to do!

As soon as we pulled up, I got out of the car and slammed the door behind me. When my dad unlocked the door, I ran inside and straight up the stairs to get ready. I chucked my bag on to the bed, took off my hideous uniform and headed for the shower. The cold water was refreshing against my warm skin. I rewashed my hair using my favourite shampoo and conditioner again; the smell of wild strawberries really calmed my nerves and gave me an instant pick me up. I shut off the water, stepped out of the shower and put a towel around myself. I headed into my bedroom and sat on my bed thinking. What can I wear?

I went over to my chest of draws and picked out some underwear and quickly put them on. I went over to my wardrobe and stood there peering inside. I decided to wear Jeggings, a blue and pink floral cami, a matching pink boyfriend cardi and blue alligator sandals. Nice and summery. I made my way over to my dressing table to sort out my hair and make-up. I started to blow dry my long blonde hair and then straighten it. Once I had finished I put a few bobby pins in it with a lot of hairspray to make sure the wind wouldn't get to it. I then started on my make-up, I put my usual make up that I wear everyday. I didn't want to look over done.

I stood and looked at my reflection in my full length mirror, I saw myself staring back. I stopped to ask myself why I didn't feel pretty at all. Was it the fact no one other than family had ever taken any notice of me? A part of me was thinking what if he changes his mind and thinks I'm ugly? This is a risk I knew I had to take, as every girl does. Confidence right now, is key.  

As Paris Hilton said:  

"No matter what a woman looks like - if she's confident, she's sexy."

I smiled at myself, now that's a motto to live by.