Teenage Desires Part Sixteen

Riley's Point of View

I can't believe that I can actually leave this place sometime today, I honestly can't wait. It's not that I hate hospitals or anything, I mean how could I after the staff here practically saved my life? But, I just hate having to lay here all day, it's boring. I'm really not used to it, I like to do my own thing, you know? But, the most irritating thing is that I really hate people fussing over me, I've always been the kind of suffer in silence... blending into the crowd kind of guy. Attention just isn't my thing.

I can't wait to see what Ava's planning for tonight either, I haven't been able to spend any time with her properly since I've been in here. We always have the eyes of various doctors and nurses on us. It's extremely off putting.

I know that Ava feels as if it's her fault I'm in here. I can see the pain in her eyes. But, It's really not. I should have made more of an effort with Grayson, I was obviously giving off the wrong signals to him. I know what he did was wrong but, he didn't want those people to hurt me, he just wanted them to warn me off. I understand that. I probably would have done the same in his situation. But, hopefully now that he knows me, everything will be cool.

"Mr Murray, your mother is here," the nurse stated. 

"Okay," I replied. 

"Son, are you feeling better today?" she asked gently, whilst fluffing up my hair. 

"Much better, I just want to get our of here now," I replied. 

"I bet. But, Riley... you still haven't told me, or even given me a clue as to who did this to you," she said whilst a look of worry spread across her face. 

"I need you to be understanding if I tell you," I replied. 

"Hun, I'm probably the most understanding person there is," she stated. 

"I know," I agreed.

She grabbed my hand and took a seat next to me, it became clear to me that she was all ears and waiting for me to tell her a detailed story of what happened to me.  

"Well, I met this girl" I began. "Her name is Ava, she's the most amazing girl I've ever met," I explained. 

"I don't understand... a girl put you in here?" she asked 

"No..." I replied laughing. 

She laughed whilst keeping a tight grip on my hand. 

"I didn't give her brother the right impression of myself, he thought I'd hurt his little sister... so he asked his friends to warn me off." I explained. 

A look of concern and anxiousness filled her face. 

"They took it too far and ended up hurting me. Her brother didn't want anyone to hurt me, all he wanted was them to warn me off. He didn't tell them to lay a finger on me," I explained. 

"Uh okay..." she replied speechless. 

"Look mom, I've been getting to know Ava's brother, he came and apologised to me in person, he explained everything to me... I think I understand why he did it but, I really don't think he's a bad person." I stated. 

"How did you come to that conclusion?" she asked. 

"Mom, Ava is the most amazing girl I've ever met. She doesn't treat me like I'm invisible like everyone else in my school does, her brother Grayson... he's honestly really sorry. I've agreed not to go to the police about this," I replied. 

"But, they hurt you! You can't let these people get away with this!" she said in a tone that sounded slightly angry. 

"Mom, I know what I'm doing," I scowled at her. 

"Okay, okay... you know these people, I don't. Maybe you do know what you're talking about but, hun please think about this before you do anything you'll regret," she said trying to reason with me.  

"There's nothing to think about. It's not Ava or Grayson's fault," I said.  

"Okay," she replied in a calm tone.

She looked at the time on her phone, smiled and looked back up at me. 

"The doctor told me you're going to be released at 3, only half an hour to wait" she said. 

"Great!" I said smiling. 

"So, when do I get to meet this Ava?" she asked. 

"Um tonight," I stated. 

"Tonight?" she asked. 

"Yeah, she's coming to pick me up at around seven, I'll bring her in to meet you before we leave, you'll love her mom," I said.  

She smiled at me approvingly.

The half an hour I had left in this hospital dragged. My mom was whizzing around like a bee collecting all my things and putting everything together ready to leave. She told me to rest so, I just sat here, staring into space, imagining how great tonight is going to be.

"Mrs Murray, your son is now free to leave, all the tests needed have been completed and the results are very positive, your son will make a full recovery, you just need to make sure he gets some rest. He should be fine!" The nurse announced. 

"Thank you so much," My mother replied, a smile beaming across her face.

I got up and walked into the bathroom to get myself dressed and brush my teeth. I could finally go home. I feel amazing.

After my mother got everything into the car we took off on our journey home. It was only a 20 minute drive back to my house, it felt amazing to actually see different scenery and breath different air, this is definitely what I needed.

We finally arrived and I got out of the car and looked around, I was home. I walked into my house and went upstairs, my mother trailing behind me. She put all of my things down on my bed.

"Get some rest hun, you don't have to bother putting these things away right now," she replied. 

"Okay thanks mom," I replied.

She left me to rest, I got up and walked over to my cd player. I grabbed my 'sparks the rescue' CD and put it in, grabbed my remote and went back over to my bed to lie down. 'I swear that she's the one' blasted through my speakers, I laid there and listened.

The lyrics of this song completely matched my feelings for Ava. I swear that she's the one I'm falling for. I couldn't be happier right now.