Teenage Desires Part Fifteen

Ava's Point of View

I'm so glad Riley and Grayson are beginning to get to know each other. That's all they had to do all along, I just want them to get along with each other. I have to be fair, they are both putting in a real effort and they know how much I appreciate it. I couldn't live upsetting either of them, they know I couldn't.

I got off the bus and walked into the hospital, heading for the ward Riley is situated in. Riley's been in here for two weeks now, they still haven't said anything to me about how or if he will recover. Whether he'll have full use of his body, everything will work, whether there will be huge scars... nothing.

It's torture having to see him lay in a hospital bed all day, knowing he doesn't have the freedom to just leave. It's irritating. I can't wait until they release him, then I can properly make this up to him.

When I finally arrived at his ward, I took a few seconds to tidy myself up and put on the biggest grin I could manage before going inside. I wanted him to think I was happy and that I had forgiven myself. Even though I wasn't happy because I just couldn't bring myself to completely forgive myself, it still killed me knowing it was partly my fault that he was in here. Finally, I braced myself and walked into his ward.

"Riley! How are you feeling today, any better?" I asked him whilst leaning over his bed and stroking his cheek.  

"I am now that your here," he said smiling. 

I blushed and smiled back. 

"It is so boring in here until you come to see me Av, I can't wait until I'm out of this place," he said looking up at me. 

"I can't either. Well they can't keep you here much longer, they'll need the bed for another patient," I replied trying to ease the mood. 

"I guess your right," he agreed. 

He leant up as far as he could and pulled me in to kiss him. I smiled as I hadn't been able to kiss him in a while. He loosened the kiss but, I leant in for more and he didn't seem to object. I didn't want the kiss to end just yet. I'd gone too long without feeling his lips on mine and now it felt amazing. 

"Ahem," the doctor fake coughed as he walked into the room. 

We broke apart. Riley looking pissed because we were interrupted, whilst I looked at him and had to hold in my laugh, oh well, I tried.  

"Maybe we should keep all that down to a minimum, please remember young lady that he is in a fragile condition," he stated. 

"Oh okay, I didn't realise," I replied, looking as innocent as I could manage.  

"Well, it's just for Riley's benefit, we wouldn't want him having a heart attack as well by kissing a looker like you," he joked. 

I laughed and blushed then looked away so they didn't see.

The doctor checked Riley over, looked at his heart rate and looked at his test results.  

"I'll be right back Mr Murray," he said as he took Riley's papers and walked out of the ward.  

We both waited for him to leave the room. 

"Way to kill a mood," Riley said sounding pissy. 

"Don't stress babe, people can recreate moods you know," I said whilst winking at him. 

"Care to demonstrate?" he replied cheekily.

"I wouldn't want you to have a heart attack Mr Murray," I joked. 

"Wow I hate that guy," he replied jokingly. 

"Wait until we know he won't come back," I replied smiling. 

"I'm just curious how you plan to recreate this mood," he said. 

"Curiosity killed the cat," I said winking.

The doctor walked back over towards Riley's bed, he smiled and looked down at his clipboard. 

"Seems to me Mr Murray, you should be free to go by this afternoon," he stated.  

"Seriously?" Riley asked sounding eager.  

"Yes, we just have to wait until your last set of test results come back and you should be free to go, it seems by what I have here that you should make a full recovery. You will obviously need plenty of rest but, other than that as long as you take care of yourself... you should be good in the future" he said looking pleased.  

"Thank you so much," Riley said sounding exceptionally pleased. 

"You're welcome," The doc said whilst walking out of the ward. 

I jumped onto Riley giving him the biggest hug ever; I was so please for him, he was finally free to go and making a full recovery! 

"This is great!" I said. 

"I know," he said sounding chuffed.

I hung onto him, squeezing him tight. I couldn't believe how lucky we've been for him to make a full recovery. I am honestly so appreciative to everything this hospital has done for him.  

"So how exactly do you plan to recreate-" 

"Wait and see Riley," I intersected.  

"Getting all mysterious now is it Av? You know, if you wanted to be a mysterious kind of girl, that kind of only works from when two people first meet," he said jokingly in a cocky but sexy tone.  

"Haha," I said jokingly giving him a quick peck on the cheek. 

"I'll show you tonight," I replied.  

"What are we doing?" he asked. 

"Well, when you've eventually gotten out of here, go home and rest. Then tonight at around 7, I'll come and pick you up. I'll borrow my dad's car, so it'll be easier than the bus or Gray's bike," I said. 

"Cool, what are we going to do though?" he asked curiously. 

"I have something in mind," I said winking.