- Chapter 24 -

Naruto awoke the next morning in a daze. Everything that had happened the night before, from his walk home with Sasuke to their fantastic make-out session seemed like a dream – a mere fantasy of the blond's and nothing more. Even when he realized that he was still lying naked in bed, his arms wrapped around Sasuke with a sheet barely draped over their bodies, Naruto insisted he was still in a dream. There was simply no way Sasuke Uchiha would have done what they did the night before, right?

Glancing over at the nightstand, Naruto was surprised to find his clock reading Saturday, September 25. It was 11:00 am. Suddenly, the blond realized that he might not have imagined the whole outing after all. Turning his head back on the pillow, Naruto gently pressed his face into the back of Sasuke's head and breathed in deeply.

I know that smell... it really is him! I can't be imagining that!

Of course, no sooner had Naruto reached this conclusion than he realized yet another pressing matter – he was lying naked in bed with his boyfriend. Something about the reality of this situation made Naruto freeze up, as if he didn't know what to do. He wanted to just maintain his embrace and fall back asleep, but there were other urges standing in the blond's way. Even though he closed his eyes and tried to count backwards, just ease himself back to sleep, Naruto found his mind wandering back to the naked teen in his arms.

Not that anyone could blame him, exactly. He was a teenage male with raging hormones, and as much as he wanted to lie with Sasuke and drift into eternity, he also wanted nothing more than to ravage him. Thus, though Naruto kept his eyes sealed and tried to think unsexy thoughts, the rest of his body seemed to act on its own. His arms caressed Sasuke's lithe frame, moving up and down the teen's arm from shoulder to wrist, while his nose took in more of the Uchiha's musk. Most problematic, though, was the blond's crotch, which was very much aware of its proximity to Sasuke's butt. Naturally, it was only a matter of time before Naruto found himself quite hard once again, and he soon gave up on getting back to sleep anytime soon.

Stupid Sasuke...

Deciding that it was best to get up and remove himself from the temptation at hand, Naruto cautiously removed his arms from Sasuke and slipped out of bed, carefully covering his boyfriend with the sheets. Tiptoeing towards the door, Naruto placed his hand on the doorknob and hesitated. He glanced down at his prominent erection and turned towards the room. Soon, he found his discarded, red boxers lying in the corner, which he retrieved as quietly as possible.

Better at least put something on... just in case Kiba came home while we were asleep...

After slipping into his underwear, Naruto once again started for the door, which he cautiously opened, wincing with every creak of the hinges, and sealed shut just as delicately. Once on the other side, he almost instantly felt something wet and rubbery run along his toe. It only took a quick glance to find it was Akamaru, who was apparently quite eager for some company.

"Hey, little guy," Naruto whispered, picking the puppy up by the armpits. He cradled the white dog in his arm as he started towards the kitchen. "Let's get you some breakfast, huh?"

Akamaru yipped happily in response, causing Naruto to cringe. He paused, looking back over his shoulder at his bedroom, and waited for the worst. When Sasuke did not emerge wielding baseball bat, however, blond heaved a sigh of relief. Apparently Sasuke was a heavier sleeper than he remembered.

Thus, continuing with Akamaru to the kitchen, Naruto dug around in the cabinets for a bag of puppy chow, which he poured in the general area of the bowl. Naruto never bothered to be neat with the puppy's meals, since Akamaru tended to eat the little kibbles rolling along the ground before those actually in his dog dish. To him, it was food either way.