[ 1.6 ] dan and phil's flat | tessa

( this is old news, but omg - dan and phil have moved ! who else knew it was coming ? it's the end of an era 😢 i'm excited about what's to come though eeee )

( just to let you know, their flat in this story is the london flat, bc we dk what the other flat looks like yet, so it's easier to stick w what we know. if you want to imagine it as the new flat, go ahead ! but as the writer i am imagining it as the london flat. ( also i wrote this before they announced that they were moving and i don't want to go back through and change everything soooo ) )

( who knows, i might end up adding them moving into the story. ott domestic drama anyone ? lmao )

( anyway, enjoy this chapter ☺️💓 )

She stood outside nervously for at least fifteen minutes, questioning whether to bail or not.

Pacing up and down the small corridor, having to turn around after two steps, she felt calmer inside and a rush of adrenaline coursed through her veins as she made the courageous decision to knock on the door.

She stood as still as she could, tapping her left foot on the floor to release her energy.

She glanced at her phone. 10:18. That's not too early, is it? She started to wish that they'd set a definite time for her to arrive.

She heard footsteps from inside get louder and louder until eventually, the door opened.

"Tessa! Hi!" Phil exclaimed as he opened the door and enveloped her in a hug.

She shoved her phone into her coat pocket and put her arms around him in return, awkwardly uttering a small "Hi".

"Come on in." He smiled, gesturing past him to a steep flight of stairs.

Tessa began walking up them slowly and Phil followed suit shortly after. He took her up the stairs and through a large white door, into his lounge.

"Welcome to casa Dan and Phil!" He chuckled, throwing his arms into the air. "That's how you say it right?"

"Not quite, but I'll let it slide." She laughed along with Phil.

"Here, let me take your coat." He said gesturing for her to take off her coat. He took her bag before he took her coat and put them onto a banister in the hallway.

"Would you like anything to drink? We have water, milk, tea, coffee, Ribena..." Phil trailed off.

"I'm good, thanks." Tessa smiled up at him.

"Okay." He chirped, returning the smile. "Well, I'm going to make Dan a cup of coffee. While I do that, feel free to make yourself at home."

Tessa nodded her head and after Phil had left she looked around awkwardly, trying to figure the place out.

Where should she sit? Should she take off her shoes? What if Dan walks in and sees her looking terrible after the mild anxiety attack she had outside?