[ 3.2 ] phil

Phil was persuaded to go the the party where Dan first met Tessa by PJ. He'd said it would be a good chance for both Dan and Phil to socialise with the friends they don't often see.

Phil said yes after PJ mentioned that there was going to be a lot of food and drink. I mean, how could he refuse a plateful of sausage rolls? That would just be plain rude.

To think that he could've ruined Dan's chances with a girl, who actually showed interest in him, was heartbreaking.

Phil was Dan's best friend, surely he should be helping him on his endeavour to find a soulmate, not preventing it from happening.

So when he found out that Dodie was friends with Tessa, he made a pact to himself that he wouldn't let her slip out of Dan's fingers. Not this time.

"Now this song is quite an old one." Dodie began, "But, my best friend, Tessa," She paused as everyone cheered loudly.

Phil turned to Tessa, to see that she was smiling from ear to ear and a dark blush had appeared on her cheeks.

"She says it's one of her favourites." Dodie continued after the cheering had died down. "So, I'm going to dedicate this song to her."

Another eruption of cheers and shouts followed as Dodie paused and laughed.

"Tessie is real!"

"OTP!"

"Tessie! Tessie! Tessie!"

"And no, no, no, not because I'm smitten with her." She remarked, before covering her mouth to one side as if whispering and adding, "Although, who couldn't be smitten with her, let's be honest."

The crowd, again, erupted into cheers as Dodie's smile grew bigger and her nose began to scrunch up.

"She's going to hate me for revealing this, but it's actually because it's kind of what's happened to her." There were more screams coming from the crowd as Phil turned to look at Tessa.

She moved her hands to her face, covering it with her 'sweater paws'. Dan chuckled at her lightly, but shoved his hands in his pockets awkwardly when he caught Phil's gaze.

"So here it is, 'Absolutely Smitten'."

As Dodie started playing, Phil saw Dan take Tessa's hand suddenly and the two exchanged a loving look.

It was in that moment that Phil knew that they were in deep.

They're absolutely smitten, they'll never let each other go.