[ 3.5 ] tessa

When Dodie invited Tessa to the YouTube party she was going to three months ago, Tessa was in two minds about it. Of course she wanted to go because she'd get to spend time with Dodie, and all of her internet friends. But on the other hand, she was exhausted from rehearsals all week.

She was eventually persuaded by Dodie to at least make an appearance, and my word was she glad she did.

If it wasn't for Dodie, Tessa would never have met Dan. She'd have never experienced the emotion she'd been missing for so long. The one emotion she refused to admit was there, until tonight.

Dodie was playing a show and, little did she know, Tessa was part of it.

Tessa cheered for Dodie as she played her songs, dancing and singing along as loudly as she could at the side of the stage, Dan and Phil at her sides.

"Now this song is quite an old one." Dodie began, "But, my best friend, Tessa," She paused as everyone cheered loudly.

Tessa was then smiling from ear to ear and her cheeks had started burning as if they were next to the sun.

"She says it's one of her favourites." Dodie continued after the cheering had died down. "So, I'm going to dedicate this song to her."

Immediately, Tessa knew what song Dodie was about to play. She cheered along with the crowd as Dodie paused and laughed.

"Tessie is real!"

"OTP!"

"Tessie! Tessie! Tessie!"

Tessa soon found herself laughing at a lot of the cheers.

"And no, no, no, not because I'm smitten with her." Dodie remarked.

"Liar." Tessa muttered under her breath, still beaming at her best friend.

Dodie then covered her mouth to one side as if whispering and added, "Although, who couldn't be smitten with her, let's be honest."

The crowd, again, erupted into cheers as Dodie's smile grew bigger and her nose began to scrunch up.

"She's going to hate me for revealing this, but it's actually because it's kind of what's happened to her." There were more screams coming from the crowd as Tessa began to move her hands up to her face.

She covered it with her 'sweater paws'. She heard a chuckle to the side of her, but chose to ignore it and spare the humiliation that might follow.

"So here it is, 'Absolutely Smitten'."

As Dodie began to play the song, Tessa thought to herself about what Dodie had said.

And whether or not she was right.

All of a sudden, as if out of nowhere, Tessa felt something grip her hand. She jumped a little at the gesture before turning towards the man stood next to her.

She began beaming up at him with more admiration in her eyes than she thought was possible.

"Aw, look at you two cuties." Dodie's manager, Josh, cooed from behind them, throwing his hands over their shoulders. His sudden appearance caused each of them to snap their hands back to their sides.

"Oh no, did I ruin the moment? Carry on holding hands, it's cool." He ordered them, before leaning forward and whispering, "I won't tell anyone."

He finished with an over exaggerated wink and crept away.

Tessa giggled along with Dan as they took each other's hands again.

She turned slowly to look at the tall, brown haired man stood next to her and smiled. She supposed Dodie was right.

She smiled a small, hesitant smile as she thought to herself.

'I'm absolutely smitten, I'll never let you go.'