[ 3.4 ] dan

Dan couldn't quite believe the situation he was in.

He was stood just offstage at a show Dodie was playing, next to the most beautiful girl he'd ever set eyes on.

He was half expecting to wake up soon in his boring old bed, still hung up on the emerald eyed girl he saw at a party a month ago.

But he didn't. He well and truly awake.

"Now this song is quite an old one." Dodie began from the stage, "But, my best friend, Tessa," She paused as everyone cheered loudly.

Dan glanced at Tessa out of the corner of his eye and saw a maroon colour coat her cheeks.

"She says it's one of her favourites." Dodie continued after the cheering had died down. "So, I'm going to dedicate this song to her."

Another eruption of cheers and shouts followed as Dodie paused and laughed at the comments being shouted out.

"Tessie is real!"

"OTP!"

"Tessie! Tessie! Tessie!"

Dan found that he too was chuckling at these cheers. I mean, after all, he can relate.

"And no, no, no, not because I'm smitten with her." She remarked, before covering her mouth to one side as if whispering and adding, "Although, who couldn't be smitten with her, let's be honest."

The crowd, again, erupted into cheers as Dodie's smile grew bigger and her nose began to scrunch up.

Dan felt a hotness in his cheeks and presumed that the redness from Tessa's had spread.

"She's going to hate me for revealing this, but it's actually because it's kind of what's happened to her." There were more screams coming from the crowd.

Dan took a swift look at Tessa as she moved her hands to her face, covering it with her 'sweater paws'. He chuckled at her lightly, but shoved his hands in his pockets awkwardly when he caught Phil's gaze.

"So here it is, 'Absolutely Smitten'."

He saw a chance and he took it. He looked at Tessa's free hand, that was dangling by her thigh, and slowly took it in his own.

Tessa's head whipped up to look at Dan, and for a second he thought he'd taken a step too far. That was, until she started beaming up at him.

"Aw, look at you two cuties." Dodie's manager, Josh, cooed from behind them, throwing his hands over their shoulders. His sudden appearance caused each of them to snap their hands back to their sides.

"Oh no, did I ruin the moment? Carry on holding hands, it's cool." He ordered them, before leaning forward and whispering, "I won't tell anyone."

He finished with an over exaggerated wink and crept away.

Dan looked back at Tessa and the two parties giggled as they took each other's hands again.

A realisation settled in Dan as he knew that now there was no going back.

He's absolutely smitten, he'll never let her go.