[ 2.3 ] the thames | tessa

As soon as Tessa paid the driver and got out of the black cab, she knew something was off. She could feel it in her stomach, but she passed it off as anxiety.

Anxiety was one part of Tessa's life that she wished would disappear. Everything else was great; she had the most wonderful friends, a job that she loved and an apartment big enough to dance in. What more could she ask for? Yet she still felt this constant fear that everything would be taken away from her.

Before she new it, Tessa was shaking like a leaf and her palms were drenched in sweat.

She stood on the pavement and took a slow look around her, trying to focus on the world outside rather than what was going on inside of her. She wiped her hands on her dress as she did so, trying to get rid of the symptoms she was experiencing.

She was at the edge of the river Thames, looking at a posh white yacht. When Dodie said fancy, she really didn't expect this.

She looked around to see if she could see Dodie, but instead found a rather disorientated Dan.

He looked like a lost puppy without Phil, unsure of where to go, what to do or even how to stand, and stuck out like a sore thumb, towering over everyone else walking around.

Not that she realised it, but Tessa's anxiety started to calm down after she saw Dan.

She'd been loving getting to know Dan over the past two weeks and seeing him here seemed to bring her heart rate back to normal.

That was until she started questioning why he was here. Why would Dan come all the way to this restaurant alone? If he was coming with anyone it'd be Phil, right? Then where was Phil? Why did Dan look like he was lost? Was he on a date? Oh my god, he's on a date. He can't be on a date, Phil said he wasn't dating anyone at the moment?

All of these questions raced through Tessa's mind before she was pulled out of her head by a tap on the shoulder and the sound of a deep voice that both soothed and worried her.

"Tessa?"