Twenty-Two

Harry's P.O.V

"Louis!" I exclaimed covering my bare self up with the thin sheet. My heart filled with dread and I felt nauseous.

"Harry..." he said softly and I could see the pain in his eyes.

"Who the fuck are you?" My father yelled at Louis while putting on his pants, almost falling over because he was still slightly drunk. My dad grabbed a broken beer bottle with sharpened ends and pointed it at Louis threateningly.

"Leave." He said deeply and moving closer toward him. In a quick movement he slaps the weapon out of his hand and pushes him forcibly against the wall. He doesn't put up much of a fight and hits his head against the wall and falls slumping to the ground.

"Harry!" Louis exclaims running over to the bedside. I've been in the same position I was found in, frozen in fear. I couldn't respond still in shock, and he picked me up in the white sheet and carried me bridal style out the door.

"You're okay, you're okay, everything is okay now. I've got you angel." He whispered moving quickly towards the front door with a tight grip on me. Then I heard a loud clank against something hard and I was on the ground, Louis falling on top of me. I roll over and see it's my father standing over us with the glass beer bottle. I see blood drip from Louis' head (he is knocked unconscious) and I cradle his head close to my chest, whimpering in fear.

"If I can't have you, nobody will." He growled with the most evil glare I'd ever seen. His pupils were dilated and all I saw was black, the comforting brown in his eye was missing. This was no longer my father--this was a monster. He grabbed something from his back pocket and revealed it to me. He flicked the igniter once and a flame appeared. I moved an inch towards the door and he pointed it at me threateningly.

"Move again and I burn him alive." He said in such a monotone voice, and it scared me more than if he was yelling at me. Hot tears flowed from my eyes and dripped into Louis' feathery hair. He lights a panel on the floorboard on fire and the flames quickly grow bigger by the second. He moves to the wall and sets that on fire, the cheap wallpaper curling up and falling to black dust. The heat grows as he continues to light multiple things on fire and when he turns around I try to gather up Louis as best I can so he doesn't get burned. The man turns back around and chuckles and smiles sickeningly before walking by us slowly, but not before he whispers for me and my boyfriend to burn in hell and then slams the front door. The orange and yellow flames have almost encased us like a hot oven and I immediately jump up and drag Louis towards the front door, I grab the doorknob and it's extremely hot and I pull my hand back immediately. Through the little window at the top of the door, I see the porch aflame along with the outside part of the door. The kitchen. I grab Louis under his arms and drag him to the kitchen, the flames nipping at his heels. There's a window that's a little higher than 1st story and I look out, and everything looks clear. I turn around to see the flames have moved quickly and moving straight towards us and I carefully hoist Louis up on the counter. Dark smoke filled the room and I began to wheeze and cough and my eyes began to burn and sting. Still I continued to hoist him up (legs first) out the window. I struggled to get his feet out and the fire was rising up the cabinets and closer to my feet.

"Come on!" I yelled with tears falling down my face, because I have to save him. I finally got his legs out carefully pushing the rest of his body out the window, and by that time I felt fire burning my feet and I was coughing heavily. With all the energy I could muster, I hoisted myself up onto the windowsill leaning until my body eventually fell and onto Louis. I closed my eyes as smoke filled my nose.

-

cliffyyyy ;) again the only reason the chapter is under 1,000 words soz :) so happy to be back cause i missed this story and you guys ❤️ vote and comment loves

-liv,xo