Philip Hamilton

Alexander's POV

"So you planted a seed in her, eh?!" John says giving me a nudge in the arm. "What you gonna name the child?"

"Well, it's a boy.  So most likely, Philip." I say with a grin.

"Raise a glass to freedom!" Laf says holding up nothing but a hand.

"Something you will never see again!" Herc comes around the corner saying.  Suddenly, I hear my phone go off and I run into the hallway to answer.  I hear Eliza's voice come into play.

"Alex, my water just broke.!" She whimpers in agony.

"Holy shit, did you call the ambulance?" I whisper back into the phone.

"Yeah, on their wa-" She cuts off by the pain. "On their way..  Hurry, please." Her voice trails off.

"I'll be there in two minutes, stay on the phone." I rush out of the building without a word and hop into my car. "I love you Elizie."

"I love you too, Alex." She whimpers in pain again.  We keep talking as I get home and rush to her side.  I comfort her and hold her hand.

"You'll be okay, don't worry.  When's the ambulance going to get here?" I brush hair off her face.

"5 minutes." She answers, I rush to get her water and hold her hand as I hear ambulance sirens come up.  I go outside and open the door for them.  The main reason I didn't drive her is because of the traffic, by the time we get there we wouldn't have been to have the choice between natural and epidural.  But, when we got there we still didn't have the choice, Eliza had to go natural.  I held her hand as they prepared for her to give birth.  Her Doctor was a woman which made us feel more comfortable.  A few hours passed and suddenly it was time for her to deliver.  I give her a peak on the lips as I see Angelica come in the door with a nurse and hold Eliza's other hand.

"Glad you could make it." I say with a smile.

"Glad I could meet my nephew as soon as he's born!" She fires back and we laugh.  I go on a knee near Eliza and keep holding her hand. 'You have two stress balls here.' Her words echoed in my head and it was mine time to repay her.  "Just squeeze my hand as tight as you can, release your pain." She smiles, and starts screaming again.

Eliza's POV 

I grasp onto Alex's hand as tight as I can, I scream in agony as my female Doctor helps deliver.  After two hours I hear baby whales and cries and given my new child.  The doctor clamps his umbilical cord and Alex cuts it.

"He looks like you." Angelica says smiling and giving Alex a pat on the shoulder.

"He really does." I smile and kiss Alexander.  He kisses our son on the head while then nurse takes him to weigh and wash.  Alex hugs me and we kiss once again.

"You did it." He cries a tear of happiness as he takes my hand and kisses it.  My sister hugged me and the nurse came back in.

"8 pounds, 12 ounces." She said with a big smile. "It's a very healthy boy," She gives him back to my and I hug him with a single arm, Alexander holding my hand. "Do you have a name?"

"Philip." Alex, Angelica and I say at the same time.

"I know you like I know my own mind." Angelica says looking at me and dotting my nose.

"I'll write that on his birth certificate." The nurse says as she exits.  Alexander looks into Philip's eyes.

"He has your eyes, Elizabeth." He cries staring into them.

"He has your nose, Alexander." Angelica kisses him on the head.  I hear the door open the shut and in rushes Peggy, disorganised and squealing. 

"YO!  I got a text from dad in class saying I had a nephew?!" She rushes over to us. "I started screaming in class while my teachers was talking, I got so annoying she let me out early!" We all start laughing a little.  Peggy hugs little Philip and sits down. "I got too much homework for words right now."

"Better finish it." I tease her.  I see our nurse come in holding a little baby care basket and framed certificate in a basket and hands it to Alex. 

"One baby care basket for you." She says humorously. "We'll get you set up and in a few days you can go back home." She begins to leave the room. "Oh and!  No more sex until after four to six weeks." Alex and I laugh.

Alexander's POV

I hadn't taken my Family Leave yet because I had always been 2 minutes away from home, but now I need to more than ever.  So I exit to the hallway and call my boss to tell him my Eliza had given birth, and I was granted 35 paid weeks off.  I race back in and take my spot in the chair holding Eliza's hand and Philip again.  It had been a couple days and we were to be going home, I packed Eliza's stuff into my car and same with Philip's baby basket.  I heard the door open and the nurse came with our discharge papers.  Eliza and I both signed them as Eliza sat in her wheel chair.  I gave Peggy the honours to roll her down to the car and put Philip into his car seat with his mother beside him.  I drove home waving to Angelica and Peggy as I pulled out.  Once we were home, Eliza carried Philip inside and placed him inside the crib I had bought for him.  I set up our monitoring system so we could hear him cry, and see him move. 

"It feels like just yesterday I hugged you in the bathroom as we saw the two lines appear." I say kissing her nose as we both make our way to bed.

"You know what the Nurse said.  No more sex for four to six weeks." Eliza yawns in a beat up voice.

"Aw, man." I kiss her forehead and fall asleep, when I suddenly hear crying through the baby monitor and Eliza got up.  I watch through the little screen while I saw Eliza's breast feed him.  I got up and walked over to Eliza to give a her a lose hug from the back, I rested my chin on her shoulder as I looked into the eyes of my new son.  I put my arm around her waist as we walked back, she tilted her head onto my shoulder and we lay back down.  We got through the rest of the night without another cry, but soon after the next few weeks that changed.  Crying multiple times a night.

At 9 months Philip had started to walk, he skipped his crawling stage which was perfectly normal.  Eliza and I had been in the living room and Eliza encouraging him to walk towards her.  I noticed he stood up and took two steps on his own, so I jumped up and hugged him and told him to give me a high five.  I started to smell a foul scent as I look at Eliza and she jumped up to change his diaper.  He kept taking a few steps everyday, and every day we would make a big deal until finally he was able to fully walk.