Deja Vu

Eliza's POV

I sat at the table of our new home counting Alex's hundredths of pages of law writing.  I heard the car lock and Alexander walk inside.  He sat beside me, rubbing my back.  

"So, this is the case you've been studying?" I asked looking into his eyes.

"Yep.  It was declared a mistrial a bit back, because there's a crucial witness." He responded pointing to the name. "Hey, guess what's happening tonight?" 

"Hmm?" I questioned changing my attention to him again.

"The Ball Event." He smiled holding my hands. 

"Let's go." I replied kissing Alex. "What time?" 

"It's at 6:00.  Right now it's 2." He answered squeezing my hands. "El.." His voice trailed off.

"Hmm?" 

"I still haven't met Alyssa's son, because of Thomas." Alex began to cry a bit as I put my hands on his shoulders.  I got up from my seat and hugged him.

"She texted me earlier this morning." I responded sitting back down. "Thomas is away on a vacation." I paused letting him cry a bit more onto my shoulder. "She said if we wanted to see them we could go." 

"I'd love to." He smiled looking at me.  I wiped a tear from his eye kissing him again. "Why don't we get into our formal wear, then go see him before the ball." 

"Sure." I said walked towards our bedroom as he followed close behind.  I got into my dress and got an order on my phone.  I completed the recipe as the Delivery guy appeared at the door to take it to the house.  It took me a while to complete knowing this family was pretty big since I cooked for them before.  I checked the time and got into the car with Alex.  We drove to the address Alyssa had given me and rang the doorbell, Alexander's arm around my waist.  As she opened it, a little puppy came out to greet us.  

"Hey guys! Come inside!" Alyssa welcomed as we took off our shoes. 

"Thank you," I smiled. "Your dog is so cute!" 

"Her name's Roxie. She's a mini shih-zu." Alyssa replied as Roxie licked Alex's face.  He laughed. "I'll go get Peter, he's just in his room playing." Alex brought my hands up and kissed them.  We saw Peter run out of the room and sit beside Alyssa.

"Hello!" I said as my eyes lit up. 

"Peter, this is your Aunt Eliza, and Uncle Alex." She smiled. "I'll told you about them."

"It's nice to meet you, Peter." Introduced Alex as he ran up and hugged us. 

"Hi!" He exclaimed as I gave him a cookie.

"I baked these this morning." I said smiling.  As he ate it leaving crumbs everywhere.

"When did you guys move upstate?" Alyssa asked her still living in New Jersey, not that far from us now.  

"About two months ago." Alexander replied with Roxie sitting on his lap.  

"That's nice! Roxie seems to like you." She stated as I shifted a bit.

"She must know your blood relatives." I laughed.

"Heh.  We'll have to pay you a visit soon." She said looking down at her watch. "It's 5:00." 

"Ah, we must be going." Alex responded standing from his chair.

"Alright, have a safe drive." Alyssa smiled sipping on tea.

"Goodbye." I waved smiling as I got on my coat and we drove over to the ball. "Angelica and Peggy are coming." 

"So is John." Alex laughed as we arrived.  He took my hand as we walked inside. 

"It still looks the same." I smiled as Alex took me to dance.  We danced for a while as a fast paced song came on.  I saw Thomas enter the ballroom.

"Alexander.." I said as he noticed him as well.

"Why the fuck would Thomas lie to Alyssa?" Alex muttered almost immediately.

"Alexander, don't confront him." I said grabbing onto his arm.

"Eliza, he has a child for God's sake.  Why would he lie about going on a vacation?" He voice angered more.

"Confront him when he's 'home.'" I replied taking Alex to sit down. "Have some water." I handed him water to drink cooling him down.

"You know why I took you here tonight, don't you?" He smiled taking my hand into his.

"Because today's the Anniversary of when we met." I stated him standing up and looking at me. "Elizabeth Schuyler, it's a pleasure to meet you." I say standing. 

"Schuyler?" He asked once again.

"My sister." I respond pretending to be Angelica.

"If it takes coming to this party to meet it will have been worth it." He laughed coming closer to me and taking me hand. 

"I'll leave you to it." I mocked Angelica again as Alex kissed me. 

"You wanna bet that room is still open?" Alex asked walking toward the hallway.

"I'll bet." I smiled as we walked.

Alexander's POV 

I found the room we had entered before the locked the door.  Eliza grabbed my tie and kissed me.

"Let's just pretend we're young again." I smiled as she took my shirt off.

"17 and 19." She replied as we fell onto the couch.  I unzipped the back off her dress as we lay side by side.  I slipped her dress off as we just lay there making out.  

"Can I use your phone to call mine?" I smirked as she pulled me back in the make out. "I have Deja Vu."

"So do I." She said softly as I brushed hair off her face. "Better get to the limo before Angelica and Peggy leave without me." She exaggerated and I kissed her.

"I'll text you." I said as she threw her leg over me.  I wrapped my arms around her as we began to kiss again. 

"I love you, Alex." Eliza whispered pulling away for a second.

"I love you too, Elizie." I whispered back pulling her in for another kiss.