A Family Dinner

Eliza's POV

Today was my mother and father's anniversary, the day my parents got married and had us kids.  Angelica, Peggy, all my brothers, and me.  I had bought a little tux for Philip and started to button it up.

"It's our handsome little man!" Alexander comes in and gives little Philip and high five.

"Yeah!" Philip says hugging me.

"You ready for dinner?" I question patting his head

"Yes, mommy!" He said looking cute.  I was wearing my favourite blue dress that I wore when I met Alex, and the same heels as well.  Alex and Philip started heading towards the car as I dashed towards the bathroom.  It had been two weeks so I grabbed my advanced pregnancy test and peed onto it.  I waited in there for a while as I heard Alex getting some stuff to go upstate.  I crossed my fingers as two lines appeared, I cried a little and put it into a gift box, I redid my makeup as I got into the car and we drove off.  I talked kind of avoiding the question to why I was in the washroom for so long.  As we pulled up I saw all of my brothers gathered around a fountain with my parents, they were obviously waiting for someone, and I realised it was me after I saw my sisters come into play.  I hoped out of the car and took Philip out of his car seat as I walk up, I greeted everyone with a wide grin from ear to ear.  Alexander got himself together and walked up beside me as we all smiled for a family picture and walked inside. 

"Philip!" Peggy said smiling at him.

"Auntie Marg!!" Philip said unable to pronounce Peggy or Margarita yet.  They fall into a loose hug and we sit at a table.  I point to things on the menu and read them out to Philip and ask him what drink he'd like, knowing the answer. 

"Apple Juice!" He smiled holding up his glass and Alex's clashes it to his.  The waitress does her rounds and we all order on separate bills.  After we finished, Philip strikes up a small conversation with her, of course.  

Alexander's POV

We all sat around the table, eating dinner and laughing.  We all paid our bills and had a chat outside before we left.  Eliza's father talked to me a bit, we laughed and Eliza smiled at our bonding.  I shook his hand and we headed for home.  Exhausted from the day, I let Eliza drive and crept into the back to take care of sleeping Philip, I made sure he was breathing and I fell asleep beside him.  I awoke to a bump and realised we were in the drive way, I carried Philip in and put him in bed.  I pulled Eliza in for a kiss and brushed her baby hairs behind her ears. 

"I'm heading to bed," I said as I started to walk.

"No, not yet." She smiled and blocked me.

"El, I'm tried." I say as I yawned and she put her hand around mine loosely. 

"Come with me." I followed her through the hallway and she sat me on the couch.  I began to hear Philip talking.

"Philip and I have a little surprise for you." She smiled poking my nose as I ruffled through my mountains of paperwork.  Then she quickly disappeared and they came back with Philip holding a little blue box.  He handed it to me smiling, probably not knowing what's in the box, and I didn't either.  I picked it up examining it as I saw Eliza emerge from the hallway. 

"You haven't opened it yet?" She laughed a little and sat beside me lifting Philip up. "What are you waiting for?" I saw her eyes light up as I removed more of the ribbon and opened the box nervous.  I saw a stick and my eyes lit up knowing exactly what it was. 

"What is it, Daddy?" Philip asked yawning.

"Oh my God.." My heart stopped as I picked it up and saw two lines as I instantly put my hands over my mouth and looked at Eliza and hugged both of them.

"What is it?" Philip asked again looking at me.

"Philip," I said tearing up as he looked up at me. "This means you're going to have a little brother or sister." His eyes lit up as he hugged me and Eliza took him back to bed.  I sat there on the couch as I felt Eliza's warmth beside me.  She turned toward me and hugged me. 

"We're having another kid." She said our eyes staring into each other.

"How long have you know?" I said as she gave me a peck on the lips.

"I took it in the morning." She said taking my hand and standing up. "When you were putting all our stuff away in the car." She ran her fingers down my chest.  I pulled her in close and kissed her again. "Let's go to bed."

"Good idea." I smiled as I put my arm around her and walked to bed.