Getting Older

Alexander's POV

I had always one statement when the kids where growing up, 'If you get a special someone, make sure to tell me or your mother.' And the main reason I did it was to embarrass them, until it finally came useful as Philip and Angelica were older.  At work I got a text while going through papers. 

Philip: Dad..

Me: Yes?

Philip: I got a GF.

Me: What's a GF?

Philip: A girlfriend.

Me: Congrats, my boy. 

Philip: You're so non tech.

Me: You'll have to teach me some of your 'slangs' then.

Philip: Lol

Me: How's mom?

Philip: She's good, me and Angie are cooking for her.

Me: Angie and I*

Philip: I'm done.. xD

Me: Your mother's due date is next week, make sure she's alright.

Philip: Okay dad, when are you coming home?

Me: 4 Hours.

Philip: kk

A girlfriend, they grow up so fast.  Eliza's water has a tendency to break earlier then her due date and she was pregnant with our 8th, so I wanted to make sure she's alright.  A couple hours later I packed up my stuff and got caught in rush hour.  I heard my phone start to ring about 20 minutes from home.  I picked up to Eliza's voice.

"How far?" She said as if she was resting.

"About, 20 minutes, how about you?" I said smiling.

"Funny.  One week," She responded in agony. "He's kicking."

"I'll be by your side soon, just hang in there." 

"I love you." She cried into the phone.

"I love you too, El." I answered about 15 minutes from home.  As I got there I opened the door and hung my coat as little Eliza came running to me and hugged my leg.  I picked her up and went towards the couch were my wife was sitting.  I put little Eliza in between us. 

"There's my beautiful wife." I said caressing her check and kissing her forehead. "How are you?"

"I'm in pain." She answered as I rubbed her stomach.  I saw Angie and Philip appear from the hallway as they took a seat in the living room.

"So, you got a girlfriend?" I said as Philip's check turned a bright red.

"Dad.." Philip mumbled. "You weren't supposed to tell anyone."

"A girlfriend?" Eliza said mocking him. "I need your Aunt Peggy here." She started to dial Peggy's number. "Peggy,"

"Hmm?" Peggy's tired voice came through.

"Philip got a girlfriend." Eliza repeated and smiled.

"Oh my god, what's she gonna do?" Philip said cringing.

"OMMIGOD!" Peggy started to get excited. "PHILIP GOT A GIRLFRIEND, PHILIP GOT A GIRLFRIEND!" She yelled.  Philip's face went blank as everyone started laughing.

"It's only right that you get the song, because when I lived with your aunt she used to sing it for your aunt Angelica and I all the time.." Eliza laughed.