Last Blow

I'm done with all this killing. I can't do that again. Maybe I can wait it out. Let them kill eachother. No. That won't work. They all want me. They all want to come home with a dragon's head. I wonder what happens if I die? In my dream?

Crunch!

I whipped around and took out my sword and scanned the bushes.

"Come out and I won't hurt you." I called softly.

"You're the angel of death. The dragon. You killed that boy so easily. Do you have a heart?"

Inwardly, I cursed myself. "I know. I'm not proud of it. I promise I won't hurt you." I do have a heart. But if I tell you who my heart is for, I will most certainly die.

"Toss the sword in front of you."

I sighed and stuck my sword hilt deep into the dirt. "Good enough?"

"Yes." A tall girl jumped down from a vine hanging 20 feet above the clearing. Her black hair stepped around her. Her grey eyes flashed in the moonlight. In her hand was a trident that glowed at the tips. In her other hand was a small potion flask. Probably strength.

"What's your name?"

"Amber Chase. No need to ask your name. Torchwood."

"Yes."

"Want to go somewhere else? You have a Tribute tailing you."

I spread my wings and grab Amber by the shoulders. As we rose above the treeline, I could hear the cries of an angry Tribute. We neared a gorge and a waterfall. On the cliffs, a group of Tributes had bows ready, awaiting my arrival. My death. They let the volley of arrows fly. I dodged most but one tore my wings and another hit Amber. I screamed in surprise and pain. She fell. I fell. We both fell. She fell faster. The rocks, the water, the rapids. She fell. On the way down, I cried. Even though I would be plenty wet soon, I cried. I know who's arrow hit me. The only one who could. But that is not what made me cry.

I found a friend. I found someone who trusted me in this twisted world of lies. Someone who didn't kill me when she could've easily. Someone who knew who I was and accepted it.

And now she is dead.

Thanks to @myinfinitebooks for Amber Chase! I'm sorry the chapter was so sad but the games are over and now we can continue with your evil plans!! MUAUAUAUAUA!! >:) Thank you Mooies for staying with me all this and my cliffhangers and plot twists.

-MOO