There's Three

The Bridger's house was completely wreaked when Kanan and Hera finally found it and got in. Shockingly the door was opened. Outside the windows were broken and boarded up. No trespassing signs were posted all over the building. Inside everything was turned upside down. Things were scattered everywhere.

"I don't think we need to ask what happened anymore. Clearly the imperials raided this place." Kanan said.

"They were caught by the Empire and arrested." Hera said as she moved the couch back. She gasped and picked something up. "Kanan, is this a..."

"Child's toy? It is, and it looks brand new." Kanan says.

"Fulcrum didn't say anything about the Bridgers having a kid." The Twi'lik said. "Do you think they took the kid too?"

"Not sure, we might have to ask around to find out." Kanan says.

"What if they didn't?" Hera ask.

"Then we look for the kid. Best case scenario someone took them in. Worst case they didn't make it." Kanan replies.

The two continue searching through the house for information. They straighten it up in the process. Hera found an untouched hidden room under the ottoman. Kanan went upstairs and found the kid's room. Inside he found toys, books, and birthday cards. The room wasn't as torn up as the rest of the house. Some of the toys were still in the box with torn wrapping paper around them. Kanan picked up one of the cards and read it.

"Happy 7th birthday Ezra! Even though it's Empire day we still get to celebrate the day our hope for tomorrow was born. That alone is worth the risk we take everyday to give others hope. Love mom and dad." Kanan read. He walked downstairs. Hera was climbing back up from the underground room.

"Find anything on the kid?" Hera asked.

"I was in his room and found this." Kanan says handing the card to her. "Ezra just turned seven the day they were caught. Some of his gifts aren't even out of the box yet. There was an empty box though. I don't think they took him." Kanan says.

"That's good news. Well at least that the empire doesn't have him. The rest not so much. His parents left a data disk for if they get caught. I'll play it once we get back to the ghost. How do you know they didn't get him?" Hera responses.

"The box was to an energy slingshot and the dust was distributed around the box." Kanan says. "He might be coming back here to see if there's anyone here and get supplies."

"Well it's almost dark. We can ask around now." Hera says.

The two rebels leave the house. They talked to a few people that were out on the streets. One told them that they had seen the boy leave the house and run to a communications tower every once in awhile.

"Such a shame. His godfather won't take him in. Everyone just pretends he does exist. The poor kid doesn't even know why. No one wants to get involved and take the kid in because of the risk." An older lady says.

"So he's been all alone on the streets for two months?!" Hera couldn't believe want she was hearing. "Why did anyone contact someone that could help the kid?"

"If you and your partner are willing to help him then by all means do so. It's about time someone does something. I'd take him in myself if I could, but raising a child that young at my age. He'd end up back on the streets in the blink of an eye." The lady says.

"Then we'll take him off world. If his parents come back have them contact us." Kanan says. "Hera let's go check the tower."

The two rebels head to the tower one of the locals told them they had seen the boy at. They get there a couple hours after dark.

"Hera, watch out!" Kanan yells pushing her out of the path of a energy blast.

"That was just a warning shot. Next one won't miss." A child's voice yells from the top of the tower. "Don't take another step closer."

"Aren't you a little young to be up this late kid?" Kanan asked.

"Maybe, not like anyone cares. What's it to you? Your not my parents." The young boy says.

"You're Ezra Bridger right? We're looking for information about your family." Hera says.

"How do you know my name?" Ezra ask putting his sling shot down.

"We found this card in your house. They were taken on your birthday, right? A friend of your parents sent us to find out what happened to them. We're here to help Ezra." Kanan says.

"The empire took them like they take everything else. That's what happened. If you went to the house you know that already." The young boy says.

"I do and I know why. What I don't know is why no one is taking care of you." Kanan says.

"No one cares about an orphan living on the streets. Only my parents ever did. No one else cares. They haven't since the empire took over." The kid say.

"Well we don't support the empire. We care about everyone. Especially the ones that can't defend themselves like you Ezra." Hera says. "We can find someone who will take care of you while you're parents are gone."

"What if they come back looking for me?" Ezra asked.

"I think you know as well as I do that they're not. We'll send someone to check every once in awhile if you want. All you have to do is come with us or you can stay here and hope they come back." Kanan says.

"If I go with you I want you to bring me back here once a year." The kid says.

"We can do that. I'm sure Fulcrum will allow that." Hera says.

"Then I'll go with you, but you have to keep your promise." Ezra says after climbing down from the tower.

Kanan kneeled down to look Ezra in the eyes. He pulled out a stuffed tonka doll and hands it to the seven year old. "We will, but you have to take care of this little guy in return."

"My Loth cat! Mommy made this for my birthday last year. Where'd you find it?" Ezra asked.

"Under the couch. We're sticking around for a couple more days. You can get your stuff from the house and stay with us in the meantime." The Jedi offered. "It's not much but it's better than this tower."

"Only because I don't have a better option. I can't go home or the stormtroopers will find me." Ezra says.