Becoming Myself

Kanan raised his lightsaber in salute. He was a Jedi again. There was no going back this time.

"Whoa!" Ezra sighed. He had never seen Kanan do anything like this. This was impressive.

Kanan was dogging and ducking every blast he could. Those he couldn't he deflected using his lightsaber. He knew where every shot was coming from, when it would come, and it's path. This allowed him to react in a way to prevent it from hitting him just seconds before it would. Kanan was single handily holding off an entire platoon without engaging in hand to hand combat.

The Wookiees didn't fail to notice. They picked up fallen blasters and joining in the fight.

"Sabine, Zeb get the Wookiees out of there... time to go." Kanan ordered not having any of it.

"Everyone in to the container!" Zeb hollered as he pulled a couple Wookiees out of the fight. Wullffwarro reached out towards the catwalk bellowing. Kitwarr hadn't been captured yet.

Ezra didn't need to understand him to know what he was saying. He looked at Kanan's acrobatic preforms in battle, then looking back to the cub. Finally he saw something he could do to help the cub. Kanan only ordered Sabine and Zeb, not him, to get the Wookiees out of there. He could hear Hera's voice repeating the phrase she had told him earlier while the others were on the transport before he was captured. The words she said as she convinced him to go after them when they realize it was a trap.

Ezra dashed towards Kitwarr.

"Kid, stop!" Zeb cried, but Ezra wasn't listening. The kid ran though the maze of crates and past the battle without being noticed by a single stormtroopers that was still firing at Kanan. He only caught the attention of Agent Kallus, who turned to go after him.

"Karabast, I swear if he's left behind again, it's not my fault." Zeb said struggling to get Wullffwarro into the container. He couldn't leave to help him. The rest wouldn't see it that way.

There was another explosion lit up the sky. Hopefully it wasn't the Ghost. Zeb couldn't tell from the distance. Finally getting the all the Wookiee in the container he turned to fire at the stormtroopers.

Kanan made another gravity defying jump. "Zeb, Hera's incoming." He said while continuing to the incoming blast. He walked backwards toward the container. Sabine fired while doing the same.

"Get in, you fur balls now!" Zeb said fighting a few Wookiees who where trying to get back into the fight. They all got in with Zeb and Sabine. Kanan was last in.

Zeb scanned the crowd. Ezra and the cub hadn't made it back yet.

"Kanan, I think you inspired the kid to do, well, something you would do." Zeb said gesturing towards the catwalk where Ezra was chasing a stormtrooper and the cub.

Kanan's calm state he had been in broke. He stood there with his lightsaber still in his hands, startled. This was the last thing he expected. He wasn't going to leave Ezra behind again. However, there wasn't enough time to go after him.

"Kanan?" Zeb asked forcing him to make a quick decision.

"Seal the container!" He reluctantly sighed. Zeb nodded and did as instructed. Kanan closed his eyes. 'You too Ezra.' He had almost said, but didn't. He had let his Padawan choice what to do. He had hoped Ezra would stay safely hidden and watched him. Going after the cub was something he should be proud of the kid for. In a way he was, but the fact that they hadn't made it back yet wasn't good. Zeb was right it was something he would do. That's what made him worry about the kid.

Kitwarr was running on the large bridge over the pit when a flaming tie fighter spiraled downward. It caused part of the bridge in front of the cub to collapsed when it struck it. The cub skidded to a stop at the edge. There was no where to go. He turned as the stormtrooper caught up with him with their gun pointed at him. The cub saw Ezra coming up behind the stormtrooper. He cried out to him help. The stormtrooper turned and aimed for Ezra.