Some Do

The Wookiees weren't there. Ezra had warned them all it was a trap. Kanan, Sabine, and Chopper had gotten back to the Ghost already. Zeb and Ezra were right behind them, or at least they that's what Kanan had thought.

Ezra was running just ahead of Zeb with imperials right on their tails. Zeb pushed past him. Ezra shoved him back. However he didn't make it to the airlock. Someone grabbed Ezra and he felt the cold and hard, authoritative feeling he had been feeling since he was in his tower get even stronger in this man's grip. He looked at the gray imperial uniform, then he looked up at his captor. From what he could see the man had light colored skin and a little blonde was showing under the helmet that Ezra had never seen one like it before. An ISB agent as far as Ezra could tell by the uniform. That explained the feeling.

The agent had a tight grip as he held Ezra close to his body using him as a living shield. Ezra struggled to get free but the man's grip was too tight. Zeb stopped dead in his tracks hearing the kid struggling. He turned around ready to fire at whoever had him.

"Get out of the way kid!"Zeb yelled at Ezra.

"I'm trying!" The kid replied.

The agent fired at Zeb with one hand while still holding Ezra tightly in the other arm. Zeb saw there was no way for the kid to break free or for him to shoot without hitting the kid. He had to leave him, and nothing hurt more than that thought.

"Sorry, kid. You did good." Zeb apologized as he left Ezra behind in imperial hands. Ezra could feel his pain as the airlock to the Ghost closed.

Kanan climbed up into the dorsal turret.

"Attention rebels surrender be destroyed. This is your first and last warning." Was heard from the ships com.

"Blow it out your exhaust vents. Literally." Hera responded. "Sabine it's time."

Kanan watched as the explosions set the bottom for the star destroyer and the entire transport ablaze in yellow flames.

Ezra watched as the agent examined Sabine's explosives artwork. He had enough sense to find cover as the red light blinked on the starbird's eye. Kallus released what it was just as it went off throwing everyone backwards.

"I can't see it from here, how'd it look?" Sabine asked over the ships internal com from the front gunners seat.

"Gorgeous, Sabine. As always." Kanan responded. Once they were safely away he headed down to meet the others.

Ezra had been put in a holding cell.

"I am agent Kallus of the Imperal Security Bureau, and you are?" The agent introduced himself. 'How polite!' Ezra thought sarcastically.

"Jabba the Hutt." Ezra replied. Kallus slapped him hard across the cheek. Ezra decided playing innocent was best. This wasn't a complete lie anyways. He hadn't been with them for a month. "Look, I just met those guys today. I don't know anything."

"You're not here for what you know 'Jabba'. You're here to buy used as bait upon our return to Lothal." Kallus said not caring what the kid said. It made no difference to him.

"Bait? You seriously think..." Ezra said pausing to laugh. "Wow, you're as bright as a binary droid. They aren't coming back for me. People don't do that." He said. For the most part that was true. Most people wouldn't come back for someone. The only exception he could really think of was a parent for their child if they could. Sure Kanan and Hera were like parents to him, but would they really come back for him. He hoped that they wouldn't. Especially since he was being used as bait for a trap. Why did Zeb have to leave him behind? You don't do that to family. Zeb knew better than anyone you never leave anyone behind.