Artwork

A twelve year old Ezra was on the roof top. He was on look out duty on this mission while Zeb, Kanan, and Chopper did a pickup run. He watched as what appeared to be two Mandolorian girls argued about something.

"Spector 1, there's a couple of bounty hunters at 0400." The twelve year old boy said into his com.

"Copy that Spector 4, I see them. Keep your eyes on them. Spector 3 get a audio on those two. Make sure there not after us. Spector 5 stay on alert just incase." Kanan said.

Chopper gave Ezra an audio of the two girls argument. By the sounds of it he could tell they weren't out from the crew yet. He listened in anyways just incase they decided to change targets.

"Fine but if you get in trouble you're on your own Sabine." The older girl said.

"I know you don't mean that sis. You'd never leave me behind." The mando identified as Sabine said.

"I wouldn't bet on that if I were you little sis." The other girl said.

"Come on Ketsu. I know you. Let's just get our bounty and get out." Sabine said.

"There's to many imperials for my liking. If we get caught they'll kill us." Ketsu said.

"Look I'll create a distraction while you slip by." Sabine says.

Ezra reported in with the others as he watched the younger girl set explosives up in versus spots.

"Keep an eye out for explosives." Ezra said into his com. 'We could use a girl like that on our crew.' He thought to himself.

"We could use that to our advantage." Zeb said.

Just then they all saw the first bomb go off in an explosion of colors. As the second one went off Ezra saw stormtroopers surround the girl. He heard her call for back up. Then he watched with her as the ship he saw the two girls by taking off. Sabine cussing as it disappeared. She took off her helmet and Ezra saw that she was close to the same age as him.

"Kanan, I'm sorry, but I just can't stand by and watch this." Ezra said into his com. "She can't be much older than me."

"Spector 4..." Kanan started. He looked ahead and saw the girl. "I'm on my way Ezra. Just don't do anything stupid."

Ezra jumped off the roof top landing next to the mando girl with his slingshot aimed.

"What do you think you're doing?" Sabine asked.

"Saving your life. What does it look like?" Ezra replies.

"Some kid just came out of nowhere and jumped into a bunch of stormtroopers with a toy energy slingshot." The girl said.

"Hey this is way more than a toy and i'm not just some kid." He said as he hit a stormtrooper and knocking them out. He then drew his blaster set it to stun and knocked out five more in one shot per trooper.

"I'll say your either the best shot in the Galaxy or you just had six lucky shots in a row." Sabine says. Taking out three in the same amount of shots. "Where'd you learn to shoot like that."

"I'm from a family of rebels. It's second nature to me." Ezra says.

"We're here kid." Kanan says as Zeb knocked out two stormtroopers at once with just his hands. Kanan pulls the two kids out of the stormtroopers as Zeb takes out the rest.

"Don't mess with kids you bucket heads!" Zeb yelled.

"What are you guys two knights in shining armor and your squire that go around saving people who get in trouble with the empire?" Sabine asked sarcastically.

"Pretty much. We also have a droid and a Twi'lik pilot that flys us around the Galaxy." Ezra says.

"That's close to right." Kanan says.

"I was right? But I was only kidding." Sabine says surprised. Just then she felt a sharp pain in her shoulder.

Sabine woke up in a medbay of a ship a few hours later.

"Where am I?" She asked the green Twi'lik in the room.

"The med bay of my ship the Ghost. The boys brought you in." The woman responded. "I'm Hera by the way."

"How long was I out?" The girl asked.

"It's been three hours since Zeb carried you in here. I should probably tell Kanan and Ezra your awake." Hera answered.

"So that twelve year old wasn't a dream?" Sabine almost says.

"Ezra? No, thank goodness he's not. There's no way anyone can dream of kid like him." Hera replies. "It might be nice for him to have someone closer to his age to talk to. I hope you stick around. I'm out numbered three to one. Four if you count the droid."

"Wait you don't even know anything about me." Sabine says.

"I saw Chopper's, our droid, video fed once the boys got back. We all think you'd fit right in with our little crew." The Twi'lik explained. "He recorded you and that business partner of yours that abandoned you talking. I also saw your explosives. How'd you do those smoke symbols anyways?"

"So you know everything then." Sabine says.

"Does it matter? Look you don't have to decide right now. Just stay with us for as long as you want. If you decide you want to join us you can. Zeb moved in with Ezra so you can have a room to yourself." Hera says.

That's exactly what Sabine did. The teen fell in love with being a real rebel. The crew became her family. She liked have someone her age around and adults to look after both of them. Sabine never realized how much she missed having a family. She loved it just as much as she loved fighting the empire.

Hera told Sabine she could make her cabin her own & the Ghost was her home. As soon as that was said the artist wasted no time painting the walls of her room. Ezra came in and watched her paint every once in a while.

He was right she fit right in. The force had told him she would. Finally Ezra's new family felt complete.