Early Morning

Kanan's mornings schedule since he found Ezra had never changed. Every morning he got up at 0600. He would brew the first pot of caff and cook breakfast for him and Ezra. Today he was making Ezra's favorite Green Eggs and ham (see A/N @ end of chapter for the recipe I'm referring). It was a recipe he had made so many times he was pretty sure he could make it blind at this point.

After he finished cooking he would go wake up Ezra at 0630. They would talk while eating breakfast. Then some early morning Jedi training. He had forgotten about the newest member of the Ghost crew.

Sabine woke up to the smell of ham cooking. She wondered into the kitchen following the delicious smell. She got there just in time to see the egg carton fall off the counter. Kanan was putting the ham on the two plates and used the force to catch the eggs and set them safely back on the counter without one cracking.

"Wow!" Sabine exclaimed. Kanan quickly turned around to find the teen girl. He hadn't sensed her in his half asleep pre-caff state.

"How long have you been there?" The Jedi asked.

"Did you just catch those eggs with your mind? Can you show me how to do that?" Sabine both asked and answered at the same time. Kanan chuckled a little. He added extra ham to the skillet and pulled out two more plates as he doubled the recipe.

"Sorry, Jedi secret. However if you wake up Ezra for me I'll let you help us train today. After breakfast that is." Kanan replied. He then set three of the plates down on the table.

"Jedi secret? Wait that's what you meant by saying I was close. You and Ezra are Jedi? That explains a lot about the two of you." Sabine goes on.

"Sabine can you just wake up Ezra? Please don't wake up Zeb though. The two of us will explain everything to you over breakfast." Kanan ordered.

This time Sabine got up. She went into the boys' cabin. Moments later she returned with both Ezra and Hera.

"I don't recall tell you to get Hera." Kanan said.

"I ordered Ezra to inform me as soon as she found out about you two." Hera said.

"She woke me up saying something about you promised her we would explain us being Jedi. I would have woken Zeb too if I didn't think he'd kill me for doing so." Ezra explained.

"Good thing I made four plates then." Kanan said.

The four sat down and enjoyed their breakfast together. Between bites Kanan explained as much as he could about the force to Sabine as best he could. Sometimes he and Ezra would demonstrate something. The occasional mug floating up and over to someone. Kanan would refill his and Hera's caff. Ezra would refill his and Sabine's hot coco. Both making them to the girls preference. This actually went on for two hours.

Half way through Zeb woke up and joined them. Kanan used the force to pull him down a mug and made him some caff. The Lasat made himself some space waffles.

After they ate they all watched the two Jedi duel with their practice sabers. Sabine watched the whole thing with amusement.

"So Sabine what do you think?" Hera asked.

"It isn't fair Kanan and Ezra get to move things with their minds because of the force. I don't understand why everyone can't do that." Sabine said.

•So this is for . I'm sorry I forgot to mention how Sabine found out & that horrible joke I couldn't pass up. I hope this makes up for it. I'm halfway through writing Return to Lothal so that chapter should be up soon.

•The recipe for the green eggs and ham I referenced is from "Back to the Kitchen" by FPJ. I haven't made it yet. I just like the idea of Kanan cooking something from that cookbook. Also we all have recipes we know so well we could probably cook them blind. Mine is my homemade cookies and cream bars. Then again I wrote that recipe so I better be able to cook it blindfolded.

•Third, I really am sorry about that joke. You'll find out why I made it much later. Don't expect it anytime soon. You guys might kill me when you find out.

•May the Force be with you always!

•Cass