Rescue

Cartoons » Star Wars Rebels » The Youngling
Author: Cassturn93
Rated: T - English - Family/Hurt/Comfort - Reviews: 44 - Published: 08-04-16 - Updated: 09-06-16 id:12085947
The Youngling
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Find Ezra, I'll be ready." Hera said as Kanan, Zeb, Sabine as they left the Ghost.

Kanan noticed that the hanger was empty. "Hold this bay until we get back." He ordered Zeb.

"And this time don't leave until everyone's back aboard." Sabine adds holds one of her blasters and a sprayer.

"That was not my fault!" Zeb retorted.

"Well that's debatable." Ezra said in a filtered voice still wearing the helmet. This prevented the other three from recognizing him as he dropped down in front of Zeb.

Zeb punched him hitting the helmet so hard it knocked the kid back.

'Aren't you a little short even for a cadet?' Kanan thought as he held back from blasting the cadet. He was never more glad that he had though.

Ezra got up and took off the helmet. "First you ditch me, then you hit me?" He complained to the Lasat.

"How was I supposed to know it was you? You were wearing a bucket!" Zeb said definitely.

They were being shot at. Kallus was in led aiming directly at Ezra.

"Spector 1 to Ghost, we're leaving." Kanan said.

Hera fired from the hatch. Ezra aimed his slingshot.

"Oh no. This time you board first." Zeb said shoving him into the Ghost.

Hera ran to the cockpit. Chopper took her place. Sabine was the last to board the ship.

"Ghost raise the ramp and get us out of here!" Kanan order as soon as she was safely on board.

Shots were fired at the Ghost hyperdrive. The shields blocked them. Then the bottom of the star destroyer bursted into flames that Sabine had set by painting her starbird again and attaching one of her miracles. The Ghost made the jumped into hyperspace.

"Welcome back aboard." Hera said.

"Thanks." Ezra said quietly. "I mean thank you, I really didn't think you'd come back for me."

"Why wouldn't we? It's not the same without you. Your one of us." She says to him. "Now let head back."

"Actually we have somewhere else to be." Ezra says.

The others came in behind him crowding the cockpit. Hera was going to have to talk about this if this was becoming their meeting room. It was hard to fly like this.

"I know where there taking the Wookiees." Ezra said.

"Where?" Hera asked spinning in her chair.

"Have you heard of the spice mines of Kessall?" He asked.

The room went silent for a moment. A feeling of sorrow overcame the ship. They all had and it was the worst possible place for any prisoner to go from what Ezra could tell by their reactions. Sure he had heard of it too, but he had no idea how bad it really was.

"Slaves sent there last a few months, maybe a year, tops." Sabine said breaking the silence.

"And for Wookiees born in the forest, it's a death sentence." Hera added.

"Then I guess we better go save them." Ezra says matter of factly.

Everyone smiled.

"Setting corse for Kessall." Hera said as she put in the coordinates.