Ch 39 - I am Not Involved.

"Igaram...the Squad Captain of Alabasta Kingdom Security...and...Princess Nefertari Vivi," Emmy gasped as she and Zoro eavesdropped from the corner of an alleyway.

They had escaped using the backdoor of the room and ducked into a side street while keeping an eye and ear out for the two new incomers, who were identified as Mr. 5 and Miss Valentine. Much to Zoro and Emmy's surprise, their focus was not on the pirates. Rather, they had come to take out two members of their own company, the mayor and Miss Wednesday, for discovering secret information regarding the boss of Baroque Works, Mr. 0.

"This is one screwed up night," Zoro muttered, "We should just leave and let them take out each other."

Emmy nodded in agreement and was about to head towards Luffy and the others when she stiffened and read the malice coming from Mr. 5. "His...snot?" she asked herself.

"Snot?" Zoro repeated and peeked around the corner.

"Nose Fancy!" Mr. 5 called out just as he flicked a small speck of booger at Mr. 9, who was somersaulting towards him with bat in hand.

Kaboom!

The snot exploded in the fake king's face and sent him shooting off into the distance.

"Mr. 9!" Vivi, his former partner, screamed.

"Whoa...That's some dangerous snot he's got," Zoro breathed just as a bloodied Igaram crawled to him and grabbed him by the ankles, "What the hell? Let go!"

"Swordsman-dono! Upon seeing your skill, I have a request, unreasonable as it may be," the former mayor pleaded, "As both of those people possess Devil Fruit powers, I can't stop them. Might I ask you to protect the princess in my place? If you can safely deliver the princess to the great kingdom of Alabasta, I promise that you will be rewarded immensely. I humbly beg of you."

"Screw that!" Zoro snapped, not even waiting for the first mate to weigh in, "You were trying to kill us just a minute ago! Don't make me cut you!"

"How 'immense' are we talking about for the reward?"

Zoro turned his head to see that the first mate was already shaking her head fervently at the incoming navigator, who was sitting on the edge of a nearby roof. "I'll take up that offer. How does one billion bellis sound?"

"That's not up to you to decide, Nami," Emmy called before Igaram could agree to it, "It's up to either the captain or myself."

Nami sniffed. "Like you could handle the finances. Tell me, how much treasure do we have on board right now? What's it all worth?"

Emmy narrowed her eyes. "A lot," she said.

"Wrong," Nami said and jumped down to the street, "Actually, we have almost next to nothing if we don't include my own private stash."

"Your private stash is our treasure," Emmy corrected, "No one agreed to the large cut you gave yourself. It's all to be divided evenly around the crew."

"Ma-ma-ma!" Igaram sang, "A mere soldier like me can't promise such large sums of money anyways."

Nami returned to the business at hand. "You're not suggesting a princess is worth less than that, are you?"

"We are not making deals with Nobles," Emmy said point blank and her eyes locked with the navigator's, "That is that."

"Then I'll just make a private deal," Nami said with a grin and knelt in front of Igaram, "If I save the princess, then the reward will be all mine."

"I do not...and will not deal with Nobles," Emmy stated curtly, "If you do this, it will be without my help. Are we clear?"

Nami's eyes flashed with annoyance. "Fine. I don't need you. I have Zoro."