Ch 65 - I am Entertaining

"Boy! I slept so well!" Luffy cheered from the middle cot in the palace's medical bay. He let out a hearty laugh as he sat cross legged on the soft mattress and grinned at the people in the room. His hand went to his head and he blinked. "Oh! My hat? My hat! Where's my hat? I'm starving! Breakfast! Hey, breakfast! Emmy, I'm hungry and do you know where my hat is? Eh? Emmy? Where's Emmy? Hat? Breakfast? Emmy?"

Sanji sighed from his chair near the door. A cigarette balanced perfectly on his lips while an arm rested right at the top of his chair. "You just woke up and you're already loud. It won't be breakfast, by the way. It's early evening right now."

"And your hat is over there," Usopp said as he stood under the doorway with a filled plastic bag in hand, the most recent batch of gadgets and tools he had just procured from the city's marketplace. He pointed at the bed to Luffy's right, "A soldier found it for you in front of the palace."

"Oh, good!" Luffy shouted. He extended an arm past the princess, who sat in a chair right next to his bed, and snatched his hat. He returned it to it's rightful place and beamed up at the brim, not even noticing the concerned frown on Vivi's face.

"Erm...I'm glad you are feeling a lot better, Luffy-san," Vivi said slowly, "And I don't want to spoil your mood but...Emmy-san...You see, Emmy-san-"

"See? I don't see Emmy," Luffy replied blankly, "She's not here. Are you feeling alright, Vivi? Are you sick?"

"You idiot," Nami scolded from the other end of the room. She was stacking up a pile of books that she had retrieved from the royal library, "You're the one who was sick. You were in serious condition with a high fever and stuff! Vivi and Chopper tended to you this whole time."

"Oh, you did? Thank you!" Luffy chirped immediately and gave a nod to his two benefactors.

The door to the room swung open and the swordsman came marching in. "Oh, hey! Luffy! You woke up!"

"Hey, Zoro! Long time no see!" Luffy grinned while the doctor had the exact opposite reaction to the swordsman's appearance.

Chopper set down the pestle filled with Luffy's medicine on the desk and raced towards the swordsman, who was busy fixing himself a glass of water. The reindeer's eyes were fixated on the sweat marks down the swordsman's shirt and "Oy! Zoro! You've been training again, haven't you?"

"What? It's my business. Stay out of it," Zoro scoffed without glancing over.

"I already said no to training! I'm the ship's doctor! You're still healing and don't take off the bandages either!"

"Tch. It's hard to move with them."

"That's the point! You're not supposed to move!" Chopper shouted.

Luffy frowned and then he tilted his head to the side. "Long time no see?" he repeated to himself, "Is it 'long time no see'? Oy! Emmy! What's the greeting that- Oh! Emmy! Where's Emmy?"

"Ugh. He's so loopy...even more than he normally is," Nami groaned.

"Well, it's probably natural to feel that way since he did sleep for three whole days," Usopp said.

"THREE DAYS?! I slept for three whole days?!" Luffy yelled.

"Yep," Usopp replied.

Luffy's face turned solemn. "I missed 15 meals..." he whispered.

"How come you can calculate so quickly when it comes to food?!" Nami asked exasperatedly.

"On top of that, in his calculations there are five meals a day!" Usopp added, "I guess that's what Emmy meant when she told Sanji to still cook as if she was here. I thought it meant she'd be coming back but she must've meant to add her servings to Luffy's."