Ch 43 - I am Not Good With Words.

"What? Nami is sick? How did I not feel it?"

Emmy took her headband off and saw all her bonds rise up in alarm and energy, except for Nami's, which was significantly lower than before and continuing to dwindle. Emmy closed her eyes and tried to focus on Nami's wall but she wasn't getting anything except fleeting feelings that vanished like a breath.

Thunk! Thunk!

Too hard stomps from above snapped Emmy back to reality.

"Oy! Emmy! They're gonna bring her downstairs to her room. Go into our room and stay there," Zoro ordered.

"But-" Emmy started to protest.

"Go, Emmy!" Luffy interrupted. The panic and urgency in his voice pushed away her hesitancy. She retreated to the boys' room and sat at the edge of the couch, too anxious and too guilt ridden to even pick up where she left off with her old apron.

How could I have missed it? Even if my bonds are just pure emotions, I should've felt her getting sick. Is it because my powers haven't fully returned? Is it because I overdid it at Whiskey Peak? I should've caught it...Of all people to know when someone is not feeling well, it should be me...It should be-

"Miss Maid?"

"Ah!" Emmy was startled by the sudden intrusion of the princess, which in turn, frightened the princess.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you!" Vivi cried.

Emmy shot up from her seat. "No, not at all. I was too lost in my thoughts I didn't even know you came into the room. Apologies for frightening you, Vivi-sama. What can I do for you?"

"Luffy-san said besides Nami-san, you had some basic medical knowledge. I was wondering if you could tell me what to do since Sanji-san and Luffy-san insisted that you stay away from Nami-san."

That did not sit well with Emmy and she did the exact opposite. She marched into the bedroom, where Usopp, Sanji, and Luffy were screaming and crying while Nami rested in her bed with a damp towel on her head. Even Carue was freaking out and running around the room and squawking. Emmy took one step into the room and could feel the temperature start to rise along her neck to her head.

"Nami's going to die! Emmy! Nami's going to die!" Luffy wailed.

"Save her! SAVE HER!" Usopp screamed.

"No! Emmy-chan, you need to stay away or else-" Sanji protested.

"Luffy! Sanji! Usopp! Carue!" Emmy shouted sternly and immediately the three of them clamped their mouths shut, "Stop your crying and panicking this instant. The first and foremost thing we need to do is create a stable and calm environment for Nami to rest or else she's never going to get better. Are we clear?"

"Yes, ma'am!" they said in unison with Usopp, Carue, and Luffy even giving Emmy a salute.

Emmy nodded and felt sweat drip down the side of her face. She walked to Nami's bedside and knelt down next to the navigator. Emmy took Nami's hand and closed her eyes, concentrating on feeling everything the navigator was. "Nami has a fever and is light headed with slight nausea and extreme fatigue," Emmy reported, "The cloth needs changing. It doesn't feel cool anymore to Nami."

"Eh? Already? We just put it on her," Vivi gasped.

"Can you save her?!" Usopp cried.

"I'm not a doctor," Emmy said defeatedly, "All we can do is try to treat her symptoms and see if it works. Sanji, could you make something based on the symptoms I just said? Best in soup form, please. I don't know if she has the energy to chew."