Ch 88 - I am Not Incompetent

"EVERYONE! Please look to the front! We're approaching Cloud End!"

Emmy ran to the front of the ship and stood behind Luffy, who perched on top of Merry's head. She waved to Conis, who was riding a waver next to the Going Merry, leading them to their spot for departure.

After four days and four nights of celebration, it was time for the pirates to return to the Blue Sea. Fortunately for them, this time they would not be leaving an island as criminals...and even better, in the navigator's opinion, they were finally leaving an island with some substantial treasure. However, how they acquired it was not something the first mate was entirely comfortable with.

"Oooh. So we can go back down from there?" Luffy asked as they approached a large archway with a majestic rainbow framing overhead. Then the captain slumped down over Merry's head, "So we're going back down, huh?"

"Yeah...Now that we're about to go back, I have to admit...Part of me wants to stay here a little longer," Sanji grinned as he took a drag on his cigarette but purposefully turned his head so he could blow the smoke away from the first mate.

"It's time to say goodbye to this pure white sea," Zoro said as he leaned up against the railing.

"The sky island was fun," Chopper said as he hung onto the railing next to Zoro and swung his legs in between the bannisters, "Though it was a little scary."

"Once we go back down to the Blue Sea, we can get Merry-san repaired!" Emmy said and shared a smile with the sniper, "We finally have the money now."

"Oh, now, you're okay with the gold?" Nami scoffed, "What happened to 'We need to return it! It would be rude to steal'?"

Emmy turned to the navigator. "It's still not too late to do that."

"NEVER!" Nami screeched and ran to block the door to the room where they stowed all the bags of gold they had taken, just in case the first mate got any funny ideas.

Emmy knew that stealing was part of being a pirate and she was fine with looking the other way if it was maybe a few coins or two...But the sheer amount of gold and treasure they found in the giant shake, who was very lovely and kind enough to let them into her belly when Emmy and Chopper had asked, made the first mate very uncomfortable.

It was just too much...but if it was to be used to help Merry-san and provided some security for her nakama, Emmy was willing to let Nami have her way.

"Well then, everyone. I'm sorry. We'll say goodbye here!" Pagaya called out as he, his daughter, and Su waved them off.

"Thanks for seeing us off!" Usopp shouted.

"And thank you for guarding Merry-san while we were gone!" Emmy added with a bow.

"Yeah! Thanks for everything!" Luffy grinned.

"No! We should be thanking you!" Conis replied, "I'll never forget you all!"

"Please take care of yourselves!" Emmy replied.

"Ah!" Pagaya shouted as he pointed to the arch they were nearing, "Furl the sails immediately and hold on tight to the ship!"

"Yosh! Do as the old guy said. Sound like it's going to go pretty fast!" Usopp cried as Luffy jumped onto the deck.

"Yeah. We're sliding from a 7,000 meter height. Hurry up!" the captain agreed. He, Sanji, and Usopp made a dash to the ropes but then they almost crashed into each other when the first mate darted in front of them and got there first.

"E-Emmy? What are you doing?" Luffy gasped as the first mate scurried up the ropes.

Emmy blinked. "I'm furling the sails."