Ch 74 - I am Worth More.

Emmy did not falter and she matched Luffy step by step as they raced down the coastline together. They said nothing to each other with only a few angered cursing from the captain every now and then. Even though this was the longest distance she ever had to run, Emmy did not feel tired in the slightest. With each step she took, only one thought rang in her head.

How dare they?!

How dare they laugh and mock at anyone who sets out to achieve a dream? How dare they attack Cricket-san and take away his most precious treasure? How dare they look down at his life's work?!

And to drag the Going Merry into this?

How dare they?!

"There it is," Luffy said as they arrived on the outskirts of Mock Town.

"I'll take the streets. You take the sky," Emmy said.

"Ah." Luffy shot out his arms. He grabbed onto the nearest rooftop and shot out towards the center of the town.

Emmy went straight for the pub. There was a strong chance that she would find the pirates there and if not, at least it was situated on the main street so she figured the pirates would at least be close by. As she rounded the corner and started to run down the main road, she heard Luffy's voice erupt across the sky.

"BELLAMY! WHERE ARE YOU?!"

She looked up and saw that the rubber boy stood on the roof of a watchtower. It was the highest point in the city. From down the block, there was a swell of crashing glass and men crying out in fear before it all stopped abruptly. Everything stilled, including Emmy. The noise had come from the pub.

The doors swung open and sure enough, Bellamy came through it with his blue cloak billowing from the chilly night breeze.

"I just heard the rumors about you," Bellamy cackled as he eyed the rubber boy, "You've got business with me?"

"Ah! Give back old diamond-head's gold!" Luffy demanded.

"Gold?" Bellamy laughed, "You mean old man Cricket's stuff?"

He crouched down on the ground and then suddenly, his legs turned to springs and he launched himself up onto the same roof as Luffy in just one single bound.

Devil Fruit...Emmy thought and then her eyes trailed towards the pub that Bellamy had just left. She went over to it and just as she was about to go through the swinging doors, two of Bellamy's men came out. They froze when they saw her and their face went pale.

"I-I-I-It's-," one of them stammered.

They reeked of fear and Emmy was not sure why but at that moment, she did not care.

"Please get out of my way," she said as she pushed past them.

It turns out there was a whole crowd of them behind the two. All of them wanted to come out to see what was going on but they parted instantly when they saw Emmy, giving her a clear shot of who she was looking for.

She folded her hands in front of her and she locked eyes with the smirking man in the fur coat, the one that had offered to buy Nami and her off of Luffy.

"So you found us," he said. His lips twisted even more into a smug, condescending smile, "Are you here to scare us now that we know your 'strength'?"

He used air quotes on the last word and then his hands went to his belly as he let out a roaring laugh. "Do you honestly think we'd be fooled by those fake bounties?! 100 million dollars for that runt of kid? Are you kidding me? And the bounty for you?!"