Chapter Fifty

"That's the sac that carries your baby." The doctor moved the probe around looking for a good angle. My eyes were glued on the monitor. It showed nothing but a circle on a grainy black and white screen but that was enough to make me smile. "At itong maliit na spot na ito."  She pointed at the tiny dot in the middle of the circle. "Ito ang baby mo. Masyado pang maliit ang baby para makita natin pero siguro sa susunod na appointment mo makikita na din natin siya."

I could feel my eyes water. That was my baby, I really was going to be a mother. I'd never felt this genuinely happy for a long time. I wished I had someone to share this feeling with. Bigla pumasok sa isip ko si Tristan. I felt a tinge of sadness, a part of me kind of wished he was here to see our baby. I quickly brushed it off. I don't need him, my baby doesn't need him either. Napahawak ako sa tiyan ko. It'll be just you and mommy, honey.

The doctor took the probe out of it me. She said I was almost 5 weeks pregnant from the size of the sac. Wala naman daw siyang nakitang problema. I was already excited for my belly to grow bigger and feel the baby move inside me.

"How was your appointment with the doctor?" Tanong ni Jason pag-uwi ko. He was sitting on the living room couch when I got home.

"It was great." Masayang sabi ko sa kanya. I sat down next to him. I guess I was just so excited to share it with someone. "Sabi ng doktor five weeks na daw siya. I have some ultrasound photos, do you want to see it?"

He smiled and nodded his head. "Sure."

I reached into my bag and took out the photos. Inabot ko iyon sa kanya. His brows furrowed as he looked at the pictures. 

"Where's the baby?" He asked.

I giggled. "It's in the sac, the baby is still too small to be seen. My next appointment I get to see my baby."

"I'm sure it will be a beautiful baby, just like the mother." He said with a big smile on his face. "If it's a boy, it'll be as handsome as me."

What he said made me pause. I tried to imagine what would it be like to hear those words from Tristan. Siya ang ama nitong dinadala ko. Hindi ko paaakuin kay Jason ang anak namin ni Tristan. Jason told me he wanted the baby to have his name ngunit hindi ako pumayag. I would raise this baby alone. 

The doorbell saved us from the awkward silence.

"I'll get it." I said as I stood up. I opened the door and it was Aiko. I've been ignoring her calls and avoiding her. I didn't want her to confront me and I knew she would. Alam niyang pinalayas ko si Olivia at Harold dito sa mansyon.  

Tristan's POV