Chapter 4 || You Can Call Me Agent 000

Dedicated to : @Eeyoreilubear Thank you so much for all the support! :D

Chapter 4 || You Can Call Me Agent 000

      That night after dinner, something was nagging my mind and I couldn't help but blurt it out. "What are you doing here in KL?" I asked Colton as he was setting up his place on the couch.

"I don't know." he shrugged and looked up at me. "I guess I just needed a break from all the British fans and I heard that Malaysia is a pretty good place."

I sat down on the couch next to him. "So Ray followed you as well?"

He nodded. "Yup. Ray's a Chinese and his family is down here so this trip is sort of like a reunion for him. He was the one who told me that Malaysia was good and half-threatened me with a pretzel stick to come here if I ever wanted to get away from the UK anyway." he laughed at the memory.

I gave a small laugh. I can definitely imagine Ray doing just that. "Then why are you not staying with him?" I started shaking my feet while asking him in pure curiosity.

"For some weird reason, you're from here -heck you're a half-Chinese as well- so you obviously know that Chinese families normally only have 2 kids, 3 at the most. But I think Ray's parents really 'worked out' a lot," he chuckled and I laughed along with him at the joke. "So poof! 5 kids sprouted out from them."

"Whoah. I can't stand my sister, let alone 4 of her."

He gave me a small smile. "I'd kill to have a brother or a sister."

I quirked my head up in curiosity. "You don't have any siblings?"

He shook his head. "Nope." He got up and stretched. "I'm going to go take a shower."

I stared after him, still curious about his back story.

He suddenly turned back to face me and I looked up at him expectantly.  "And I'm not sure if I'd already said this, but thanks." he gave me a smile totally croon-worthy.

And then he turned again, leaving me on the couch with a 'you're welcome' still hanging on my lips.

-

-

-

I was almost, (okay, I was definitely) dreading the time to walk into Top Secret again the next day. It was a bit hard explaining to Colton where I was going. Fine, that may be over-exaggerating a bit. But it definitely wasn't my fault that he has his afternoon naps (apparently) so I didn't even have the need to explain to him anyway. I carefully snuck out of the house.

Yup, exactly like a ninja.

Hanging out with Colton made me realise that he may not be the 'bad boy' or the 'playboy' the tabloids claimed him to be.

However, that did not mean that he wasn't a child at heart. But everybody is, in their own way. Heck, maybe even Maria may be a little girl deep down in her heart who liked to braid hairs and make friendship necklaces for her best friends or even play with her dolls sometimes.

Or maybe, cross-dress.

Okay, that may be a little impossible but no one knows the whole truth about her anyway.

I was taking my time in doing everything, from walking to the building itself, to even stopping by at the café to buy a skim latté. I don't even drink lattés anyway. To my dismay, I was still early when I checked in into the office. I was a bit disappointed when my period didn't come earlier in the morning so that I had an excuse to apply for sick leave.