Chapter 6 || Behold, The Batu Caves Temple!

      I didn't expect Colton to come knocking on my bedroom door at 7 o'clock in the morning. I gave him a once-over and instantly decided that he was too cheerful in the morning for my liking.

"What are you doing here?" I scowled at him.

One thing you should know, I'm absolutely moody when it comes to mornings, especially when someone wakes me up from my 'beauty sleep'. So you could definitely say that my mum didn't exactly had the best time whenever she had to wake me up for school.

"Whoah." he perched up his stupid sunglasses on his head. "Someone's not a morning person."

I looked at him and groaned in defeat. "What do you want?" I ran a hand through my nest-like hair.

"Oh. You're bringing me sight-seeing, remember?" he looked at me eagerly, like a little boy waiting for his Christmas present from Santa.

"Wait." I held a hand up to make sure I heard him correctly. "You were serious about that?"

"Duh." he rolled his eyes.

And here I was, thinking that it was just a small little idea he came up with to cheer me up. "Oh shit." I groaned.

"What?"

"I've got to tell Ma-Natasha that I'm not coming in for work." I mentally face-palmed myself for almost slipping up.

"Okay." he nodded. "Can we go now?" he asked eagerly.

I eyed him warily, wondering why he was so excited. "Are you high?" I leaned in and whispered to him.

"High? You mean high-high or on-crack-high?"

"There's a difference?" I looked at him blankly.

"Yeah." he nodded. "High-high means literally high, you know, as in, in the sky, high or when you're above the clouds-"

"Okay. I get it." I raised one hand and cut him off. My brain was still not fully functional to receive any form of long talks this early in the morning. "Let me shower and text Natasha first, alright?"

He nodded and I closed the door to his grinning face.

My bed was calling out my name, and I was about to answer its call. But then I remembered Colton's eager face and sighed. I forced myself into the bathroom and after a quick shower, I sent a short email to Maria and a text to Natasha. I wasn't too worried about Natasha, no, but rather about Maria.

I simply told her that I was 'hunting' for Colton for the assignment. It wasn't a total lie since, after all, I was with Colton. But that didn't mean that I didn't feel the tiniest bit of guilt eating away at my heart.

Oh well.

After towel-drying my hair and tying it into a high ponytail, I threw on a pair of white cotton shorts and a pale pink printed T-shirt. I lathered my face with SPF-50 cause in Malaysia, it's freaking hot all the time, besides the occasional rain, of course.

I opened the door and saw that Colton was still standing outside my bedroom, but this time with a half-eaten waffle in hand.

"I got you breakfast!" he grinned proudly at himself.

My stomach growled at the mention of breakfast and I looked over at Colton, the only food anywhere near him was the half-eaten waffle.

"But I kind of ate it while waiting for you." he smiled sheepishly while handing me the waffle.