Chapter 16 || The Weather Is More Bipolar Than Both You and I Combined

I think you guys will like this chapter! (well I hope you do!) :)

Chapter 16 || The Weather Is More Bipolar Than Both You and I Combined

      That night, I called my mum, feeling a little homesick. It was the first time I've ever left home for this long and growing up without a father figure in the house, I've grown to become a mummy's little girl. "Hi mum!" I greeted as she picked up the call.

I smiled as I heard the tunes of Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You was playing in the background. The sweet ballad was my mum's all-time favourite song. "What's up?" my mum asked, straight away thinking that something had gone wrong.

"Nothing. I just called back to see how you're doing."

"I'm fine." she replied. As if on cue, she burst in huge fits of coughs, making me instantly worried.

"Mum.." I started. "Did you see the doctor like I told you too?" I asked her, already knowing what her answer will be.

"I'm fine." she made a pathetic attempt at reassuring me and let a few existing coughs.

"Mum."

"Don't you," she coughed. "mum me." she continued.

"Please see the doctor? Please? For me?" I answered.

I heard silence on the other end before she responded. "Fine." she grumbled. "Oh and by the way, your sister is coming back in a few days. When will you be back?"

"Two more days, I suppose." I answered. We booked the hotel room for another two more days and had to leave right after that.

"Oh well," she coughed, interrupting whatever she wanted to say.

"Mum. Book an appointment, please?" I pleaded, not caring if I had just given her more leverage to insult me or not. All that mattered was the fact that my mum was so stubborn; too stubborn for her own good and I had to make her understand, even if that's the least I could do.

"I'll go. I'll go. Happy?" she grumbled and muttered something along the lines of 'Who's the mum here anyway?'

"Very." I hid a snicker from her childish behaviour.

"Alright. Go along and don't bother me from listening to my favourite band!" she shooed me off the phone and I managed to squeeze in a quick goodbye and "I love you" before she hung up on me.

That actually went better than I thought it would be.

I walked back into our hotel room from the balcony to see Colton lying on the bed. A few pillows were lined up in between the two beds, to create a barrier in between us when we sleep.

"Colton? Are you still awake?" I asked.

He raised his head up slightly so that I could see that he was in fact, awake. "Yup. Just thinking."

I climbed into bed beside him. "About?"

"Something." he answered vaguely.

My curiosity spiked up but I didn't push him. Instead, I let my attention wander off to the plain white ceiling that was hanging above my head.

"I'm planning to quit the showbiz soon." he told me.

I turned my head towards him. "Does Ray know?"

He looked at me, his arms still propped up behind his head. "He does. But he doesn't know how soon."

"Where would you go?" I was genuinely interested in his answer and was hoping to hear that he was staying here, in Malaysia. I instantly pushed my hopes down, not wanting to be too disappointed and was confused as to what even sparked the question in the first place.