Chapter 11 || Durex Condoms

Okay, so I realised that the previous chapter was short.. (I didn't know it was until I published it) so I apologise! So here's another chapter! You're welcome! :)

Chapter 11 || Durex Condoms

      "Penang?" I sputtered out.

He nodded, as if there wasn't even a slightest flaw in his plan. "Yeah. What's wrong?"

"It's a bit of a short notice, don't you think?" I asked him.

"We don't have to go so early." he shrugged. "As long as I get to go, I'm fine." he shot me a boyish grin.

"You want to go by bus or?" I asked him, not finishing my sentence at all.

"I've consulted Mr. Google. I've got enough money to buy us both bus tickets! And I can book us a room in one of those motels, if you don't mind." he cheered excitedly.

"I don't mind." I told him. "Seems like someone did his research." I mused.

"Of course!" he looked extremely proud.

"I'll sort out some stuff first before we go, alright?" I asked him as if I was asking a little boy a question.

He nodded and grinned from ear to ear.

Okay.

All I have to do now is to deal with Maria.

-

-

-

The next day, mum seemed more calm about the occasion compared to other years. Maybe it was because it had already been 10 years, so she seemed to have gotten over it. Seeing her being all normal made me a bit skeptical at first, but seeing her smile as if nothing had happened made me feel more at ease and happier too.

I snuck out of the house later that day. Colton had already went out of the house and God knows where that boy had went.

"Psst! Andy!" I hissed as I got into my place.

She lifted her head from whatever thing she was doing and looked at me expectantly. "Yes?"

"You know the picture on Maria's desk?" I asked her. She thought about it for a short while and then nodded. "Colton has the same picture!" I whispered at her.

Her eyes widened. "Really?"

"I know!" I leaned across my table onto hers and continued talking about her.

"Oh, hi Maria!" Andy squeaked.

I jumped a bit and then slid back into my seat. I turned back and faced her. "Hi Maria!" I squeaked as well.

She assessed us behind her long lashes and nodded. "Nice to see you all doing what I paid you to do."

Andy and I had the tendency to blush.

When we heard the all-too-familiar clacking sound of her heels, I looked up from my table and to Andy. "Was she being sarcastic or..?" I asked her, unsure.

She shrugged. "I don't know either."

I finally remembered that I had to apply for a short leave from Maria and went to her office. I knocked, opening the door before walking into her now-familiar office again.

"Maria?" I called out as I walked into her office.

"Yes, Miss Winters? Is that you?" she asked, not bothered to look up and instead chose to continue reading her magazine.

"Yeah."

"Take a seat." she finally looked up at me and gestured at me to sit down.

"I have something to say to you."