Chapter 25 || Déjà-Freaking-Vu

Whoop! Whoop! 25 is my lucky number so I hope I managed to give you guys a longer chapter! (:

Dedicated to Laura for being one of the most awesome person I've ever talked to (since I'd never met her before lol)

To the right is a song written and sang by Malaysians during the MH370 tragedy. This song has touched me in more ways than one and I wanted to share it with you guys! Ignore the beginning if you don't understand, it's just a reporter speaking about the tragedy in Bahasa Malaysia. →→

Chapter 25 || Déjà-Freaking-Vu

      "Wh-What do you want?" I looked down at the sleeves of my cardigan after I realised that it was Colton who had pulled me away.

"How's your mum?" he asked.

"We're not friends, remember?" I asked, referring to what he had said earlier. "I don't have to tell you about my mum."

I was hurt, I admit. And I know what I said to Colton was wrong, but I couldn't help it. Hurting someone else when you're hurt is Self-Defence 101.

"Fine." Colton's tone hardened, which made me regret my previous words. "You don't want to talk about that, fine. Then let's talk about the fact that there's a picture of me in a magazine and apparently it was provided by you?"

I could tell that Colton was bothered about the fact that it was my doing, that's why he had asked me the same question again. It was sort of the same situation I had with Andrea. I was hurt, that's why I had bothered to question her about i-

Andrea.

Was this too of her doing?

I mean, I don't think Maria would've done it. Not after that chat that we had.

Maria.

Did she approve this? She should've, right? Then was all she had said to me a lie?

I felt my head start to hurt from all the unanswered questions. Then there was Colton who was still waiting for my reply.

"Look, before you say anything, listen to me first, alright?" I asked him. He wanted to object, but closed his mouth and nodded.

"I worked with Maria Vergano before." I started off.

I saw from the corners of my eyes how Colton was prepared to ask me about it but I shook my head and looked at him pointedly before continuing. "Working in Top Secret is-well, was my second job. Before I had met you, she gave me this assignment. I was required to take pictures of you, find out secrets about you-the works, after she heard that you were in Malaysia."

I took a deep breath before continuing. "At first, I didn't know how I was supposed to meet you, let alone take freaking pictures of you, so I wanted to reject it. But she threatened to fire me and at that time, the job had meant a lot to me so I had no choice but to accept it."

"I think it was fate that led you to the doorstep of the cafe." I smiled softly reminiscing that incident where I had locked him up in the freezer to hide him from his fans.

"And I swear that I didn't deliberately ask you to stay in my house." I watched Colton's face carefully for any reaction but quickly realised that he wasn't giving away any. "Something just made me do it," I shrugged. "There was no reason or question, I just did it."

And here comes the hard part.

"I admit, I did take one photo of you when we were at the Batu Caves temple and I do admit that I had given the picture to Maria. But I lied to her and said that someone else had given me the picture. She seemed to believe it but she didn't want to publish the photo. Back then, I was curious, but now I understood why."