Chapter 19 || The Plot Thickens

We had reached #460 in humor and #861 in teen fiction for this story! I did not expect that at all! (IT'S THE FIRST TIME I'M IN THE TEEN FICTION CHART! THE FEELS OH GOD)

Thank you all so, so much! You guys are too kind to me! :) So here's an early update!

Chapter 19 || The Plot Thickens

      How does it feel like being betrayed?

There's no way to describe it. Imagine if your heart is like an island pieced together, and then someone came over to steal your land, destroy and trample over it; successfully ruining that specific part.

That's how I felt.

It was scary, how someone that you trust has that much power to ruin you, and you find yourself harder to trust anyone again.

Perhaps if it was Colton who had done that, I wouldn't feel this bad, despite the fact that my heart was totally not agreeing with me at all.

But the idea of someone you had basically entrusted with your whole being, betraying you, it hurt a lot.

I didn't want to know what happened to her. I don't want to know if she felt an ounce of guilt over her actions.

All I wanted right now is a nice, long, nap.

I took a long walk around the area first to let loose of the couple of tears that had been piercing through my eyes the whole journey from Top Secret before heading home. I had no plans whatsoever to tell anyone about this incident at the moment, but maybe in the future some other time I would.

Once I reached home, I went into my bedroom straight away, shutting the door and shutting myself from anyone. I didn't want to have to explain to anybody about this, especially Colton.

After that long nap I took, I spent the whole day with a mask on my face. If somebody suspected that something was off about me, nobody mentioned anything and for that, I was immensely grateful.

Liz and Jim seemed to be in the honeymoon phase; constantly flirting and giving each other secret looks. I smiled, happy that Liz had finally found her happiness, regardless of whether it would last or not.

Colton tried to start up a conversation with me -something which I was not in the mood of- but I tried to play along, laughing at his bad jokes.

I think he realised something was wrong.

"Ari," Liz started off, stealing my attention away from the plate of food I had been playing around with my fork since the beginning of dinner. "Remember the time when I used to be like, this total goth chick and all? What with that black eyeliner, black mascara, black fingernails and my clothes! They were all black. I'm surprised mummy didn't even scold me for all that crap!" she giggled.

I laughed. "How can I forget? You were always so moody! Plus, you're the reason why I'd always thought that period lasted forever since the first time you get it because it always seemed like you were PMS-ing all the time!"

She howled in laughter as the rest of the table joined her. "Oh, and your poor Science teacher probably pissed in her pants from laughing too hard when she was teaching you about the menstrual cycle when you were, what, 15?"

"Leave me alone, okay? I didn't even know how to pronounce the word 'vagina' up until that year!" I tried to defend myself, an attempt which only succeeded in making the laughter increase.

"Do you know now?" she had the evil glint in her eye when she asked.

"Of course I do!" I retorted, horrified that she would think any differently.