Capter Twenty-Five

Ryder
I just stared. In a few minutes I would have to say things about a girl. A girl who's hair was a dirty blonde. Who had scars across her tiny body. A girl who had a mark on her shoulder made by me.

She was being carried. They just laid her down on a stone where we held the funeral for my mother.

The pack members had all gathered, top ranks at the front, lower ranks at the back. Everybody will be able to see her, it's just the lower ranks last.

I stared. She wore a black dress. Her makeup was done nicely. Black eye shadow, red plump lips, white face makeup to match her lifeless skin color. Her hair was down, lain across the pillow that was under her head. I backed away hearing a glass cling and the murmurs of the pack members stop. "Okay everyone we are starting" Carter stood up from the table, glass and spoon in hand.

He put them down and walked towards the center, near her body. I sat down in me seat next to Rae and Quinn. Quinn wrapped her arms around my neck whispering words into my ear, purring a bit. I didn't bother to listen as my eyes were in a trance with the girl laying on the stone.

"A month ago. Our Luna, Emerald Green, has died" everyone was dead silent. I felt a sense of hurt in me and whimpered. "She was drowned due to the lack of swimming knowledge and the fact she was stuck in the plant life under. She was killed by the Rouge Alpha" murmers, everybody was whispering to each other.

"After a meeting with the other packs they have all agreed that this means war. If one Rouge is seen on the territory on any pack a war will be started. We are trying to find information about them but that's beside the point. The mourning of our Luna"

"We have a few speakers tonight. We are going by rank. So please welcome Alpha Ryder" I got up slowly and everybody's heads were bowed.

"There is no crying you are a man now! You cry you show weakness!" I tried my best to stop crying my seven year old self. A tear slipped out and he brought back his hand slapping me across the face. I stumbled a bit but stayed up.

"What the hell did I just say Ryder?!"

"I-I'm sorry!"

"And stop stuttering! It shows weakness" I nodded staring at the cold dead body of what once was my joyous mother.

"Ryder. Ryder" I was out of my trance again and looked over the pack. I looked back at Carter and he patted my back going to sit down. I took a shaky breathe into the microphone. I closed my eyes.

"Emerald. My Gem. The shiniest rock in all them. One of a kind" I stared down at the paper I had written before about what I was going to say. The words seemed foreign to me now. Gibberish. I grabbed the paper rolling it up into a ball and tossing it to the side.

"She was my everything. She was my life. She couldn't see. Did any of you know that? She was blind. But she allowed me to see what love was. How to have feelings for someone other than myself.

Your old alpha. My father. Taught me love was trickery. A way to a mans heart other than a knife. But she showed me it wasn't. The exact opposite, a gift to cherish and to hold dear." I felt my breathe go shaky again and a tear slide down.

"I couldn't hold on that long. I let go too early. I couldn't save her. She died in my arms she-" I stared at her and felt my eyes brim with tears. "I didn't allow her to see I loved her. I didn't. And I'm foolish for that. I love her. I loved her touch. I loved how I could play with her hair. I loved the way she would over rule me and not back down from a fight. I loved her" in the audience people were crying. Weeping. "Let the moon goddess be watching over you" I gulped away my sorrow, struggling to make it over back to the table. I slumped down in my chair.

Quinn got up sitting down on my lap and rested her head on my chest. I growled a bit in warning but she didn't move, only sighed in content and snuggled closer. I didn't pay attention to her. Pack members looks at me with curious glances and I looked down, away from their gaze.

I looked back at my mate as Annie went up to the stage. Yes, she's of lower rank but she's an acceptation. I blocked out her voice and saw something that caught my attention. A hand had twitched. My eyes widen and I stood up.

R-Ryder..Dane. He's back. Wait.

People turned their attention to the body and her face was scrunching up. I ran towards her as gasps had sounded, making Quinn fall to the ground. "Ridy poo! What's the big idea?" I ran and held her now warm hand in mine.

She rested herself against her elbows and sniffed. "R-Ryder?" My breathe stopped.

"Emerald?" She gripped her arms around my neck being me closer and she stared out into the crowd.

"Who are all these people? Where am I?"

Her memory's gone...