ONE

------ chapter one !

NORA SMILED AS SHE LAY DOWN ON BETTY'S BED, STARING AT HER PASTEL PINK ROOM

NORA SMILED AS SHE LAY DOWN ON BETTY'S BED, STARING AT HER PASTEL PINK ROOM. Nora turned to look at the blonde as she watched her finished putting her hair up into a ponytail. "Are you excited?" Kevin asked, "Nervous?" Betty paused momentarily, "I haven't seen him all summer," she told them, smiling wildly.

The blonde sighed and paused for a moment, thinking about the ginger. Nora chuckled at her and rested her head on Kevin's shoulder. "Which is why nerves are acceptable. But we agreed, Betty, it's time." Nora told the hyper girl. Betty rolled her eyes at the brunette and stared at herself in the mirror. "You like him, he likes you," Kevin told her.

The blonde spun around with a makeup brush at hand and pointed it towards her friends. "Well, why Kevin, Nora, hasn't he said or done anything?" Nora sighed and fell back on the bed. Kevin looked at Nora and back at Betty. "Because Archie's swell-" Kevin began to stand up as Nora chuckled at the word 'swell'. She doesn't know why, but that word has always been funny to her.

Kevin glanced at her and continued to stand up. "But, like most millennial straight guys, he needs to be told what he wants, so tell him, finally." he finished and looked out the window. Nora stopped laughing and began to put on her red lipstick. Nora ignored Betty's next sentence but almost ruined her lipstick when she heard Kevin gasp.

"Oh my god!"

Nora and Betty turned towards the window to see what Kevin was freaking out about. "Game changer." Kevin began as Nora stood up and walked towards the window. Nora paused as she looked at the redhead who was without a shirt. Nora didn't know what to say and slightly cringed as she looked at him, "Not for me, sorry," Nora said before laying back on the bed.

Kevin paused for a moment and continued to look at Archie's abs. "Archie got hot!" he said. "He's got abs now," Nora told her causing Betty to rush over towards the window. It was now Betty's turn to be shocked at the sight before Archie put on his shirt. "Six more reasons for you to take that ginger bull by the horns tonight," Kevin told Betty as Nora chuckled.

------

Nora sat down at the booth where Jughead was sitting by his lonesome self. "Sup, bitch." Nora greeted. She stared at the raven-haired boy who was so engrossed in writing his novel. She sighed when he didn't reply and ordered a chocolate milkshake like always and sat back down beside her friend. She cleared her throat hoping to catch his attention.

He simply ignored her and continued to type. She rolled her eyes and fixed her lipstick, before pulling out her phone and scrolling through Instagram. "This boy is so frustrating sometimes. " she thought to herself. She continued to like a couple of photos until she gave up. "Jug!" she called. He gave no answer, to which Nora leaned over and flicked him on his forehead with her forefinger and thumb.