NINETEEN

CHAPTER NINETEEN

CHAPTER NINETEEN

◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆

betty:
meet us at pop's

Nora furrowed her eyebrows at the text and sighed. Her mom got back about thirty minutes ago and crashed on the couch. Although, even if her mom was awake it wasn't as if she could stop her. Nora had only just changed into her pyjama's and got into bed ready to sleep after having an awful night.

Nora was still angry at Veronica and Archie, of course. Not only for what they did but for the fact that Veronica ditched her for half of the night and ignored her for a previous twenty-four hours. Nora really wasn't in the mood of seeing or talking to anyone at the moment, but considering it was Betty and Nora knew that it was about Jughead, she had to go.

She struggled to put on some shorts and a top before putting on the same long coat that she had been wearing all night before heading out the door with only her phone in her hand. It was only a short distance from Nora's house, so by the time she had arrived, Nora noticed Veronica, Archie and Betty just about to enter Pop's. Nora quickly jogged towards them to catch up.

Nora didn't look at Archie or Veronica and walked straight inside walking over to Jughead, who sat, emotionless and staring out the window. "Jug," Archie called out catching Jughead's attention causing him to turn to look at his four friends walking over to him with concerned looks on their faces. Betty sat down beside him while Nora sat across from him.

"Jug. We're so sorry. About everything," Betty said quietly as Jughead turned back to the window. Archie leaned on the table, "Juggy, we screwed up, we all did," Archie said. Nora scoffed before looking up at Veronica, "Some more than others," Nora muttered, causing Veronica to look down, ashamed. Archie looked over at Nora before continuing on.

"Breaking into your dad's trailer was wrong, but some good came out of it," Archie said causing Nora to scrunch her face up in confusion and the fact that he could say such a thing. "Pretty sure my dad was just arrested for murder," Jughead said, slowly and in pain causing Nora's heart to break as he said it.

"That gun wasn't there when we searched his trailer. Someone put it there after we left," Veronica said causing Nora and Jughead to look up at her in shock. "What are you talking about?"

In a hurry, the group of friends ran to the sheriff's station to tell Sheriff Keller about the breaking and entering and the gun. Archie was the first one inside and ran towards the front desk, "Excuse me, sir, we need to see Sheriff Keller," Archie began as the rest caught up and stood behind him, "There's been a huge mistake," Betty told the officer.

All of a sudden, Sheriff Keller approached causing Veronica to push past Betty and walk over towards him, "Sheriff, we need to talk to you about FP Jones," Veronica told him causing Sheriff Keller to furrow his eyebrows at her, "What about him?" He asked. "He's innocent," Nora told him, an angered tone to her voice. "He's being framed," Veronica told him as Sheriff Keller looked at the group.