EPILOGUE | 1

EPILOGUE [1]

EPILOGUE [1]

◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆

Do you know how people say that before you die, your life flashes before your eyes? That's exactly what happened to Nora Claire.

She remembered all the good times in her life like whenever she went over to her grandmother's house, her grandmother wouldn't bake or cook and would instead put on a sock-puppet show. When her dad bought her a bike because she had begged for one for months on end and then finally, her dad came home one day with a large pink bike on his arm. When Jughead laughed at her when she fell into a bush when she was eleven during a mini-marathon at their school. When Veronica and Nora shared their first kiss together.

But, she also remembered all the bad times in her life. When her grandmother died. When her dad left. When her mom started drinking. When her dad went to prison for drug distribution.  When she and Veronica had their first and last fight as a couple and never recovered from it because Nora died and it was too late.

The good memories stood out more than the bad ones in those few moments before she died. Although she was scared, she was comforted by the memories.

But, before she died she couldn't help but want to write a letter - or letters. So, in those few moments, before she took her last breath, she jumbled a bunch of words that she wanted to say and compiled them into a letter that she had recited in her head.

◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆

Dear everyone who knew me,

This letter isn't really a letter, so to be honest, I kind of feel stupid writing this - well...thinking this. But, as I lay here dying, I feel as if I have to say everything I couldn't say when I had the chance. Well, I think I'm going to start off with the person I have the least to say to.

My father. Fuck you.

My mother, you changed in these last few months and I don't think I've actually said it, but thank you for everything that you have done and/or at least tried to do for me. Although we have had our ups and downs over the last few years, I could never hate you. You always tried and I looked up to you because of it. You never gave up. So, thank you.

Archie, I am so sorry for what I am putting you through. You are the one who has to find me like this and as much as we never really got along, you don't deserve this. I've known you pretty much my entire life and what I am really sorry for, is that I never got to know you. All we ever did is argue or not speak to each other.

I just need you to know, Archie, that I never really hated you. I was mainly jealous that you and Jughead hung out more when we were twelve and I held a grudge against you for it. Now, that I think about it, I find it hilarious. So, thank you for making me smile, I guess.

Betty, over these last few months we have become closer and closer and have been by my side when I needed it the most. You have become my best friend, Betty Cooper and I am so grateful to have you in my life. You are the most understanding person I know and I simply need to thank you for never judging me, for never abandoning me and more importantly making Jughead happier.

Jughead, I swear to God if you go insane or do something you regret, like dump Betty, I will come back from the grave and haunt your ass. I honestly don't have anything really to say but thank you for putting up with me for all these years and that you are my everything. Oh and that I never lost your jacket, it's actually in my closet, I just loved it so much that I kept it and well too bad, you can't have it now. I'm going to be buried in it. Well, I hope so at least...

Cheryl, oh sweet Cheryl Blossom. All I really need to say is that I never hated you. I was just hurt by what you did. But, now, I forgive you. I understand why you did what you did and I hope that you will move on from being such a bitch and please come out already. Fuck your parents and live your own life! You are awesome and gorgeous and I am glad that we did what we did last year. I don't regret it for a second.

And last but not least, Veronica Lodge. I am sorry that we never got to recover from our fight. You hurt me and I don't think I will forgive you for that. But, what I really want to say is that even in our short time together, I loved every second of it and to be honest, that was the happiest I have been in a long time. You, Veronica Lodge, made me want to get up in the morning, go to school and live my life the best I could before everything went to shit.

You, Veronica, made me smile when no one else could and I don't think that there is anything in the world that I could do to repay you for doing that. But, after all of that, I never got to say what I really wanted to say. That I, Nora Claire, am completely and utterly in love with you, Veronica Lodge. I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you...

That's all folks.

Nora Ophelia Claire.

◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆

AUTHOR'S NOTE

◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆

part two will be up tomorrow.
bye <3