FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

As Nora was in the middle of her somersault, the music stopped at Cheryl appeared in front of the Vixens. "Stand down Vixens!" Cheryl began with her arms wide. "And listen up," she continued as she began to pace back and forth as the Vixens stood there, with their hands on their hips.

"The weather's predicting a downpour the night of the rally. But, already you're raining on my parade." Cheryl stopped and looked at her team. "With Jason so present in our collective consciousness, all eyes will be on me." Nora rolled her eyes at the redhead.

"Will this beautiful, exotic, hothouse flower, drown under the town's scrutiny? Or be swamped her own emotions? The answer ladies is no and no." Cheryl said as she stopped pacing once again. "That said, I need star power."

Nora wanted Cheryl to get to the point so that she wouldn't have a headache. "I need the Pussycats," Cheryl told more to herself rather than the Vixens. "Stay loose and limber ladies while I make a call," Cheryl's voice raised and she began to walk away.

The Vixens separated to their own groups, some chatted, some practised their dances, and others stretched. Nora stretched her legs and slid into the splits and began to bring her opposite arm to her opposing leg. She did this for a moment before doing a back handspring.

Veronica looked at Nora for a moment but shook her head and turned to Betty. Betty looked seriously pissed off and Nora had no idea why. Nora looked at Veronica to see if she knew what was happening but Veronica simply ignored her.

"After this practice, I'll totally need a pedicure, you?" Veronica looked at Betty who sat down with a melancholy expression. "I'll have homework." Nora's eyebrows furrowed at how Betty was acting towards Veronica.

"Okay, um, I will probably be heading over to Jughead's but, I'm not sure," Nora told the two as she took a drink of water. Veronica placed her water on the floor and smiled at Nora. "Now, who is this Jughead, I keep hearing about?"

Nora furrowed her eyebrows at Veronica confused that she didn't know who he was until she realised, that they haven't met yet. "Oh, right, you haven't met him yet. He's one of my best friends," Nora told her. Veronica nodded and smiled at Nora.

Veronica widened her legs out, stretching forward to grab her foot. "I know everyone grieve's differently but Cheryl's hosting a pep rally to cope with her loss. That's either brilliant or psychotic or both."

Betty looked up at the wall on the other side of the room. "Yeah, well at least Cheryl isn't putting on an act. Pretending she's a butterfly when she's really a wasp." She said glancing up a Veronica. Nora stared at the two for a moment confused on what was happening.