SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆

"Football players behaving badly? What else is new?" Veronica groaned as the five teenagers walked the halls of the school, late at night. Each holding a torch in hand waving them around trying to guide themselves through the hallways. "Steubenville, Glen Ridge..." Veronica continued. Nora was skimming over each number on the lockers, searching for something, anything. "But the coaches son being the ringleader; I mean just how depraved is this town," Veronica said. The five teenagers were startled by the sound of a familiar voice.

"Colour me impressed..." said Riverdale's most infamous red-head. Cheryl Blossom. "A B and E with B and V. What would your Holy Roller mother say about this, Betty?" Cheryl said standing, flaunting the colours, red. "What are you doing here, Cheryl?" Betty asked, causing Nora to turn around, her torch helping her guide her way around.

Kevin's eyebrows raised at the sight of Cheryl. "And where did you get those thigh-high boots? They're amazing." Kevin smirked. Cheryl smirked and began to walk down towards the five teenagers. "Trev told Valerie, who told Josie, who told Ginger, who told Tina, who told me." Cheryl said, "And I thought I would help out." Cheryl said causing Nora to scoff.

Cheryl turned in Nora's direction raised her eyebrows at her. "Help us?"

Cheryl rolled her eyes and smirked, "Yes, why?" Cheryl said flashing her torch in Nora's face, "do you have a problem with that?" Cheryl raised her eyebrows as she asked the question causing Nora to plaster a fake smile as she stared at Cheryl. "Yes, I do have a problem with that," Cheryl glared at Nora.

"Help? Or derail our investigation?" Betty asked raising her eyebrows at Cheryl. Cheryl turned away from Nora and began to flash her torch at Betty. "Get over yourself, Betty," Cheryl said with her arm on her hip. Betty seemed as if she was about to say something but was cut off when Ethel called them over to some lockers. "Hey, guys!" Ethel called, "get in here."

Ethel pulled out what seemed to be a book catching everyone's attention. Everyone walked towards Ethel and crowded around her to see what the book had inside. As Ethel opened it, names and points appeared, causing Ethel to flip the pages. "Trev was right, he didn't bother to hide it," Ethel said as Cheryl's light shon over the paper.

Nora's eyes scanned the pages to finally find 'Veronica (New Girl Bonus +1) = (9)'.

"'New Girl'? Is that what I'm reduced to? Nine points?" Veronica stared in shock at the book. "Better than 'big girl.' Seven-point-five," Ethel said. Betty felt a large 'pang' in her chest when she read the name written just beneath Ethel's. "Polly's in this book," Betty said in shock. Cheryl's eyes opened wider when she saw the name written beside Pollys. "Next to Jason's name."

This caused Betty to walk away, feeling sick at what she saw. How could someone do such a thing? How could someone play her like she was a game? Did Pollymean anything to Jason or was everything just a lie from the beginning? All these thoughts surrounded Betty as everyone turned to her. "I'm so sorry, Betty," Veronica said, sincerely. "