FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

The smell of eggs filled Nora's nostrils as she placed the gooey, deliciousness onto her plate. It was seven-thirty in the morning and the dark circle's surrounding her eyes were getting darker by the minute. As she sipped her tea, Nora heard the stairs creak. She obviously knew that it was her mother and quickly put her dishes away.

Grabbing her bag, Nora thought she could get away without seeing her mother, but she was wrong. "Nora, what are you doing up this early?" Her mother slurred. Nora couldn't help but roll her eyes at her mother. "Do we really have to do this every morning?"

Eleanor Claire stared at her daughter confused as she gripped onto the wall trying her hardest not to fall. "Do what, every morning?" her mother asked her. Nora pulled open the door and began to step outside.

"This. Now, can you sober up and go out to find a fucking job, so we can pay for the bills. Thanks." Nora slammed the door behind her and began to walk to school. "'Do what, every morning?'" Nora mocked her mother as she walked down the street.

"Hi," Jughead said to Archie. "Do you think I could use Jason Blossom's death as an excuse to get out of PE? Sorry coach, I'm just too depressed and freaked out right now to do pull-ups." Jughead joked. Nora stiffed a laugh as Archie closed his locker.

"Don't joke about Jason Blossom," Archie replied seriously. "What? Sardonic humour is just my way of relating to the world." Jughead paused for a moment before looking beyond Archie. "Ugh, look, it's the rich kids from the Goonies. Alright, I'm out."

Jughead groaned and began to walk away before Reggie and his goons bashed into Jughead. "Watch it, Wednesday Addams," Reggie commented. Nora glared at Reggie. "Real mature, Reggie. You're an ass."

Nora began to walk away from the assholes of Riverdale High before hearing Reggie yell something from afar, "And your ass is so nice that it is a shame that you have to sit on it." Reggie commented causing Nora's eyes to widen. Her mouth parted, but she continued walking earning a wolf whistle from one of Reggie's goons.

"Morning students, this is your principal speaking. There have been many inquiries about the upcoming pep rally. So, let me state clearly, it is happening as scheduled. Now, on a less felicitous note, if you could give your attention to Sheriff Keller."

The intercom made a sound as Principal Weatherbee shifted from his post. "Most of you already know the details, but your classmate Jason Blossom's body was found late Saturday night. So as of the weekend, Jason's death is now being treated as a homicide. It is an open and ongoing investigation."