Was It A Coincidence??

After returning from the party Kalya could not have peace, she tossed and turned thinking about the possibilities of who her stalker was. What it was that they wanted from her or it was just a misconception as Kushal said. With so many thoughts running in her mind she couldn't sleep peacefully. It was late in the night when she finally drowned to sleep.

A loud knock on the door pulled Kalya out of her deep sleep. She initially thought she was imagining, but the banging on the door proved her wrong. She quickly got up from her bed and opened the door to see her mother and father at her door step with worried expressions on their faces. Kalya got tensed with the expressions that her parents were carrying. when she asked about it, Smita snapped at Kalya. Then her expression immediately softened, she began questioning Kalya if she was okay. Kalya was perplexed for a moment, she took her time to consume the situation, she softly but doubtfully replied that she was good, but why were her parents are asking her such a questions so early in the morning? 

Sanjay went close to Kalya and took her hands into his and replied," it's not early Kalya its 8 in the morning. We were worried because you were not present at the table for breakfast and when we asked Mary about you she told us that you are still sleeping which is so unlike you." Kalya was shocked with the information; she always was an early riser. The stress burdened her so much that she was not able to wake up as usual.

She smiled faintly and told her parents that she went to bed late yesterday and so she was not able to wake up early. She assured them saying she was perfectly fine and asked them to wait at the dining table so that they could have breakfast together. Saying so Kalya went into the washroom to fresh up. Smita and Sanjay exchanged worried glances but did not say a word.

Kalya was getting dressed and was smiling at the little incident that has taken place a few moments ago, as how much her parents knew about her and how much they love her. It was such a small thing that she did not wake up as per her usual schedule and they were so worried about her. She always knew that her parents loved her immensely but she never knew that she is also their weakness. Amongst all these thoughts she also realized that she should be careful about her actions so that her parents do not get tensed, about her conceptions.

Kalya hurried down and reached the dining hall, where her parents were waiting for her. On reaching the table she hugged her parents and kissed, and reassured them that she was fine. They sat down and had their breakfast peacefully without much talking. Then Kalya and Sanjay left for work after bidding farewell to Smita.

Kalya and Sanjay travel in different cars as they work in different locations and different departments of their industries. While Kalya manages the architectural department, Sanjay looks after the marketing and finance sectors. They both left to their respective work places.

Kalya's office is situated in the outskirts of the city as she liked to work with no disturbances around her. It was a small but a cosy place to work. There are limited number of employees all who are very talented and creative. She always wanted to please her clients by giving them the best so she personally chose all her employee's.

As Kalya has entered into the service road that takes her to her workplace she noticed a car following her. At first she did not want to give heed to her conceptions and continued driving. Even after some time she noticed the same car following her, so she slowed down giving the car behind her way to move forward. The car advanced and drove off letting Kalya breathe in relief. She continued to drive further, then again she saw the same car parked in the lane. She felt something suspicious but did not hold on and kept driving.

Kalya again saw the same car following her after some distance. She increased the speed and drove off, but still the car followed her. After some distance the car that was following Kalya crossed her, and sped off. Kalya breathed in relief as she went a little forward something sharp hit Kalya's tire and in a blast her front tires got punctured. Cursing under her breath she got down to check and found sharp pieces of glass and some nail's lying on the road. She panicked and rushed into her car and locked it from inside and tried to breathe and calm down so that she could think and not do things that might cause further trouble.

She calmed down and checked her surroundings for any sought of trouble, but Kalya couldn't find anything suspicious. She was so confused on what she has to do now and then she remembered Kushal's words. He told her if something suspicious happens then contact anyone who you can put your trust on and can reach you immediately. So Kalya thought hard on whom she can depend on and who can reach to her early. She finally decided to call Riyan whose office is 5km away from her present location.

So Kalya called Riyan and asked him to pick her up as her car got punctured and there are no vehicle's around. Riyan told her that he would be there in 5 minutes and hung up. Kalya again checked her surroundings sat down thinking. Is it a coincidence or someone has done it on purpose. She was lost in thoughts when Riyan arrived. He knocked on her window to revive her from her thoughts. Kalya got down from her car and greeted Riyan. Riyan checked the surroundings and asked Kalya if she was fine. He looked suspiciously at the pieces of glass and nail's that were scattered on the road. Kalya noticed Riyan's expressions and asked him in a casual tone, what he was looking at.

Riyan told Kalya that something does not seem to be right, there cannot be so many pieces of glass scattered on the road and they do not look like they were broken due to some accident, because these piece are sharp. And there are also nails here and there. Kalya was also thinking the same and Riyan's doubts has hiked her suspicions. Observing Kalya lost in her thoughts Riyan comforted her saying it might just be some trash that was thrown on the road.

Kalya smiled faintly and they both walked towards Riyan's car which was parked behind Kalya's. Riyan carefully drove forward so that the shattered glass does not puncture his tires. Riyan asked her about the party at the Chathurvedi's to divert her attention from the incident and Kalya started telling him about the beauty of the Chathurvedi's farm house and its grandeur. They reached Kalya's office amidst her praises of the Chathurvedi's farm house. Riyan hopped down and went towards Kalya's door and opened it for her. Kalya got down from the car and thanked Riyan for coming to her leaving behind his works.

He bowed down folding his hand and said any time your majesty and both of them laughed at his playfulness. Riyan told Kalya not to get worried about her car; he would get it repaired and delivered at her office by evening. He also told Kalya to call him if she needed to leave office, so that he could drop her. Kalya smiled and walked into her office premises. Riyan waited till Kalya reached the reception area and he too left for his work. Reminding himself that he should discuss the incident with Kushal.
***********************
Please do vote
And
Comment