A Span of Relief

The day passed in a gif for Kalya; there were a lot of partially finished layouts to be checked, designs to be finalized and stats to be reviewed. It was late in the evening when she finally reached home after dropping Prachi at her house. She made a resolution that, no matter what she is not going to let herself consumed by the issue. She has to do it for her parents; she could not let them worry for her every minute. So Kalya locked up all her worries and tensions inside her to be her normal playful self again. She took a long breathe smiled and entered the house.

She entered the house and greeted her mother who was pacing in the living room. She hugged her mother tightly comforting her from her anxiety. She smiled at her and asked her if Sanjay was home. Smita was puzzled to see Kalya all smiling. She was very disturbed and clouded with thoughts in the morning and now she was all happy and free. Smita knew her daughter too well, to assume that she was hiding back her feeling and is acting all strong for them. She made Kalya sit on the couch and told Kalya that she could be open with her and share anything that was troubling her.

Kalya shook her head and took Smita's hands into hers and looked into Smita's eyes and told," Mom you have not brought me up in such a way, where I would let my head down and let the troubles take over me. You have given me much better strength and courage to fight out my problems. I will not let them snatch what is mine." Saying so, she smiled at her mother. Smita was over flowing pride seeing her daughter strong. Smita kissed Kalya's forehead and told her to freshen up.

Kalya came out of her room after a refreshing bath. As she was climbing down the stair she heard a whining. Kalya instantly knew the cause of it; she turned back but did not find her love. So she followed the sound and reached her bedroom, but couldn't find her cupcake anywhere. She searched for him in every corner of the room. She couldn't even follow the sound as the whining has stopped. Kalya was looking under the couch for cupcake as he would hide under it if he was upset, then she felt a movement behind her she turned back to look for the cause of the movement but couldn't find any.

Just as Kalya was about to leave her room in dismal she heard the whining again, this time Kalya surely knew that cupcake was in the room. So she called out for him loudly, for which she heard a squeal, she called out for cupcake again as Kalya was not sure of where he was hiding. She then heard a squeal and has observed the movement in the pile of books that were lying below the study table, which was present in the left corner of her room beside the large windows.

She quickly ran towards it and removed the pile of books; there she found cupcake sitting in between the books looking annoyed. Kalya laughed at him to which he groaned in annoyance. She picked him up and kissed his head to calm him down all the while smiling at him. She laughed at him and asked him what he was doing in the books in a funny and a cute way. Cupcake jumped from her arms and leapt towards the books again, pulling her along with him. And barked at the books that were lying on the floor, asking them to move so that he could show Kalya what he has brought.

He walked into the pile of books and started pushing them aside, Kalya was observing him. Cupcake was wagging his tail and was trying push the books aside with his small paws and took out a chocolate from underneath a book with his teeth and brought it to Kalya. Cupcake knew very well that Kalya loves to eat chocolates and so he brings her one whenever he misses her. So Kalya sat down before him and took the chocolate from him. She fed him with a piece of chocolate and she ate the remaining, while cupcake was constantly trying to grab another piece by jumping over Kalya to get one. She fed him with the last piece so that he wouldn't get upset.

After having some time together both Kalya and Cupcake came into the living room. And they started playing in the living room. Cupcake was running around the house and Kalya was running behind him trying to catch him. But she failed miserable as Cupcake was tiny so slipped away from her each time she came near to him.

Sanjay returned from office and was entering the house, he saw Kalya running after Cupcake carefree of all the problems and happy, without a care to the world around her. He was so happy to find her laughing. He stood there watching her stomp her foot cursing Cupcake for escaping from her every time and sat down on the couch folding her hands. He smiled at her daughter's antics; she very well knew how to get her things done. As Sanjay has guessed, Cupcake fled to Kalya at once and leapt onto her cuddling himself into her. She smiled and stroked his head lovingly. Sanjay reached them and he stroked Kalya's hair. Kalya didn't notice Sanjay until then, she smiled at him and his tensions flew away. Sanjay beside her and started playing with Cupcake along with Kalya.

Smita saw them laughing and playing together and felt happy to have such a beautiful family. She reached them and complained for not inviting her into their fun. And so all of them started playing trying to catch Cupcake and sometimes snatch him from each other to have fun with him. Amongst all the tensions they had a wonderful time together. Together was always their strength and weakness.

Cupcake's joyful barks and Kalya's laughter filled the house with life. After running around the house for about an hour they felt tired and decided to have lunch. And all of them settled down at the dining table, while Cupcake Sat on Kalya's lap, taking a bite from her every now and then.

No one dared to talk about the dreadful events happening, but the thought of them never left. They all knew that they have to face the consequences what so ever. And they are together to face anything that comes their way. Kalya was determined to stay strong and face the challenge that was thrown her way. Sanjay was resolute that he will not let any harm reach her princess. And Smita was intent to always support them and make them feel strong and make sure that they were happy.

************************************

Sorry for the delay guys.

Please do vote and comment

Do share it with your friends

Suggestions are always welcome, thank you for the love