Growing Feelings

A light flickered in the room, bringing Ahan and Kayla back to the present from their lost world. Both of them turned towards the glowing bulb only to meet the other's curious eyes. They were both lost in each other conveying their own pain. Ahan was sorry for his harsh behavior towards her, whereas Kalya just wanted to hug him and feel safe and protected.

Unable to control her inner turmoil Kalya broke their eye lock with distress evident in her eyes. It pained Ahan to see her in such a state. The shine she had when she first opened her eyes was now replaced with sadness. And whose fault was it to put her in such a situation. It was him who put her in such a state. But in his own battle between the heart and the mind his mind has always taken over his heart.

Kalya has started to completely avoid Ahan; she only spoke when he asked her something. The mischievous Kalya that he saw in the past days was now missing. Having nothing to do, Kalya was inspecting the things that were randomly thrown in the room. There were old furniture, cupboards and cardboard boxes. She was moving in between the things, She turned around to see what was lying behind her and a sharp rusted iron grill pierced through her skin, making her to shriek in pain.

Ahan was standing in a corner staring at her and he ran off to her the second he heard a scream. He immediately took her hand in his to observe the wound. The grill has sliced the layers of skin on her right arm. Blood was trickling down the gash and Ahan's eyes turned bloodshot looking at her injury. He started scolding her for being so careless and started to blow air on her wound. Ahan searched around to find something to help cloth the blood. Finding none, he gave an accused glance at Kayla and left towards the door to seek Tej's help.

While Kalya stood numb at her place, seeing Ahan in such fury. She was not sure if she has seen care for her in Ahan's eyes as he immediately masked it. Ahan was now moving from one corner of the room to other, he kept running his hand in his hair in anger. His anguish was evident through his actions. Kalya has never seen him in such a state from the time they have met. The Ahan she knew was different from the one she is seeing now. His eyes reflected concern for her, which he was trying miserably to mask. Seeing Kayla hurt, the sorrows of the past resurfaced in him.

The door of the room opened and both Kalya and Ahan looked towards he door and found Tej standing near the door with a small first aid kit in his hands. As soon as than saw Tej with the much needed medical assistance he ran to him and grabbed the box from Tej. He glared at Tej and in an annoyed tone shouted, "How much time will you take to get the damn box. She has been bleeding." And he rushed to were Kalya stood and grabbed her hand. He started cleaning the wound while Kalya didn't move an inch. She was continuously staring at Ahan, not only Kalya but Tej also was looking at Ahan in astonishment. He has not seen Ahan like this, he has not even reacted violently even when he knew he was being captive. But now he so furious and even shouted for getting the first aid kit late. And now he is all so sweet and caring.

Ahan was cleaning the wound and blowing air over it to soothe the pain. He did not meet Kalya's eyes for once and silently continued his task. After cleaning it properly he applied the medicine over the wound. And Kalya winced at the contact of medicine over the wound as it gave her a burning sensation. That was when Ahan looked straight into her eyes and blew air over the injury and continued to apply the medicine all the while not breaking their eye contact. Ahan slowly applied the medicine on the wound, taking care to not hurt her more. Both of them were so lost in each other that even after Ahan finished applying the cream they did not back off from staring at each other.

Silent tears formed in Kalya's eyes, the warmth she has felt with Ahan's presence; she could now feel them in his eyes. His eyes were the only thing that gave her hope of their future together. Only they convey his true feeling though he never wanted to show them to her. The pain he held, always bothered her. She felt as if he was asking her to pull him in her arms and tell him that everything is going to be fine. The thing is that he never allowed her near him, and which bothered Kalya more was the reason for his pain. This was the first time he let Kalya see his suffering without masking his emotions.