CHAPTER 3

My cheeks still felt Hagasme warm touch as I rounding the corner of the staircase. Everyone below suddenly cheered and crowded me in amazement.

As I came down their praise became more frequent.

"Now, now I only have one son" My father said in authority as the crowd split into two sections to let him walk towards me with ease.
The Ball then commenced back its livelihood as I was escorted to a farther corner of the room.

"What's wrong?" I looked up to see my father scanning me with fury as if I've done something wrong.

"Do you not like the party? I can have them leave immediately if it's not to your liking." His words seems to pounder a part of me that has been hiding for so long.

"No, you shouldn't. I do have one question, father?" I quired as I stepped over by one of the butler's who in return gave me a glass of wine.

" Why do we refer these humans as mere mortals?" I asked, his eyes glared down on me and a long sigh escaped his lips.

"Your just as your mother... Your love of humans will be the death of you which I'm obliged to not let happen." I rolled my eyes in angry as I pulled back some of my bangs that covered my forehead.

"Please do understand that I am trying solve the mysterious problem of why we gods separate ourselves from the human world altogether." My voice slightly raised from the anger that was building up inside me.

My father's gaze somewhat lightens up but his eyebrows were fixed down.

" I trust you'll be wise enough to know that humans are sinful beings. If this attitude continues then I'll have no choose than to replace your position as Ruler of Galliones. This was your dream, was it not, to save people... Those mortals ... then why don't you just act as a modest god and be their leader."His strong hand firmly held unto the side of my shoulder.

"Don't think so much. Imagine if you actually became a true God as myself.. controlling all of heaven, you would have crumbled by then." I then heard him let out a soft chuckle before disappearing into the crowd.

I stood where I was, watching the guests were laughing and chatting comfortable.

'Why do I still don't agree, father?'

Without thinking, I walked straight towards the door that lead outside when no one was looking. The light outside still shined brightly as it always did.

'I don't want I be like you father'

Somehow my heart felt heavy and when I was meters away from the Castle I did the unthinkable.

"Lord Polland!?" I heard Hagasme yell from afar. I looked back to see her by the door while she asked for me to come back inside.

"Silence day if lightness true, hold my breath, shift the time and take me back to Galliones by blue!" I chanted out as a light formed out my hand revealing a compass. I then looked on the 'N'  for north and a bright light took over my body. All I heard were screams coming from the maid calling for my father. My vision blurred and I suddenly disappeared from where I was and descended into darkness.