CHAPTER 8

A group of young girls came up to me one by one and placed a flowery bracelet over my head that dangled down on my broad chest. When they moved away I then took off my coat and under garment that were a distraction. I felt cooler as the breeze touched unto my thin white shirt.

I then summoned a knife in thin air and cut my brown coat sleeves and flung them a side.

I then took the coat and placed it back on while returning the knife back through the portal.

"May I ask where do those mysterious things come from?" The chief suddenly asks pointing at my hand.

"Oh it's just a portal I open to summon things easily." I mentioned while taking a shell of water from one of the villagers.

"I envy you lord Polland. Evil creatures always come at night like this. Some of them have the ability to shape shift into a human like us and pretend to be like us. But truly all they want is to take us from our loved ones and eat us whole." I choked on the water I'm drinking while the chief mentions that.

' that boy!' I thought as I quickly scanned the room to see Daisy and a group of girls along with the boy talking and laughing hysterically.

"I see you've taken a liking of my daughter. I'll kill you if she gets hurt by the likes of you!" The man says warningly as I caught a glimpse of his eyes. There was a fiery  of grey color mixed with a hint of brown.

I gulped in fear at his sudden change of character as I felt his hand patted my back firmly.

"I'm kidding!" He then says as he started laughing hysterically as well. I sat there mortified until he finished. He then wipes his eye of a single tear before looking around.

"Let the ceremony begin!" The sound of drums began beating a rythmetic tune of music as the group of girls along with Daisy came up to us in a slow motion walk. Their hands move in a melodies pattern as the drums began beating faster.

"They dance the story , Galliames, it's a love folklore of when the goddess of Love came and made this island her own." The chief said began saying.

I watch as Daisy's hair fell back perfectly revealing her hazel green eyes. Her waistline moved slowly to the music as they all twirled around and extended their hands out touching the sky.

"This is my favorite part the goddess Lakshmi Narayana pours love from the sky and unto this island and soon the whole place flourished in prosperity.

"Hmm.." I hummed. I didn't paid any attention as I rather followed how Daisy's hips moved.

'Hips can't lie' I thought feeling my heart racing as the mood of the dancing changed.

" Oh~ this is when she meets a human man that washed up ashore. He was battered and beaten very badly by the power of water. She was afraid at first to go near him but eventually fell in love with him at first sight." Without noticing the girls began swaying and started flipping slightly exposing their undergarments.

"Eventually they had a child that was a girl and named her Faith. Sadly, the gods from above got anger with her because she was with a mortal had to leave her family behind." The chief's eyes watered as he took another sip of his water.

I smirked at how emotional he was getting. I knew what my mother saw in mortals was something special.