06 // dinner and chats

"i'd seat between emma and jacob, horace,  thanks for the suggestion though." said agatha as she sat between emma and jacob.

they ate in silence while enoch, was glaring daggers at agatha and jacob.

enoch hated abe, sure, he liked him as a friend but then he left, and visits for some times but he got older, he chose his path, and then after decades, he'll see another portman, taking every girl enoch would like to fancy. first, emma along with abe, now, agatha along with jacob?

isn't that fun? seeing these two lovebirds from the future? enoch said bitterly in his mind.

"look, enoch's jealous of agatha and jake!" said millard who was beside him.

enoch glared daggers to millard (who mumbled sorry) and looked back to agatha and jake.

"agatha could marry jacob if she'd like." enoch said bitterly.

agatha looked angry but she managed a smile. "i'd like to marry jacob instead of marrying some douche bag like you, enoch."

jacob let out a laugh, but miss peregrine shushed him.

"there will be no inappropriate words in the dining table, miss desario." said miss peregrine.

"oh, yeah. my apologies, miss!" said agatha and the table was silent again.

after they ate, they went to a small theatre.

horace sat in the middle of the chairs and wore his eyepiece.

his dreams were projected.

his dream is all about good tuxedos and buying other clothes that he didn't necessarily need, and then it change. it was now a blurred vision of a dark haired boy and a blonde girl. the boy held the girl's hand and the girl leaned at the boy's broad shoulders. it changed again, it was another boy, and another blonde girl. the boy's hand touched the girl's cheek and leaned. they kissed.

"that's quite enough, thank you horace." said miss peregrine.

"i think, the first girl and boy might be emma and enoch, while the other pair is agatha and jake!" said fiona and she giggled along with claire.

all the children stood up and went to their beds leaving agatha and jake with miss peregrine.

"where are we going to sleep, miss?" asked agatha to miss peregrine.

"your room, miss desario. we do not have any vacant rooms, so could you to just share for today?" asked miss peregrine, "don't worry, just for tonight."

"oh okay, i'd love to share with agatha. good night, miss peregrine." said jacob and they went to agatha's room.

jacob looked at agatha. he was hesitant, but then agatha seem to notice it.

"why are you looking at me?" asked agatha, as she turned her face to face him, "do i look good?"

jacob laughed but then he stopped. "um, are we really? um, sleep in, um.. this bed?"

"yeah, what's wrong?" asked agatha as she gather her clothes because she's going to take a splash bath.

"i—i, um.. never slept with a, you know? girl, in one bed?" said jacob nervously, agatha laughed.

"it's okay, like, do you want me in the dirty way?" asked agatha.

jacob never looked so horrified in agatha's question.

agatha laughed, "see? you don't like me that way, so basically, we don't look like we had or have sex."

"let's not talk about sex. it makes me cringe." said jacob.

"i got to go and take a splash bath. you could go to sleep now, over thinker." agatha laughed and went out of the room.

she went to the bathroom and took a shower. after that, she dressed herself up with an oversized shirt from her brother and some pajama pants.

she went back to the room and she saw jacob, asleep. he must've been tired for today.

she suddenly felt like jacob really needed the bed for himself, so she went downstairs and sat on the couches in the living room.

"why are you still up?" asked someone in the doorway.

agatha let out a shriek.

the person entered the room, it was enoch.

"enoch, you scare me." agatha said, enoch, in the other and, was now in front of agatha.

"as i asked for a few seconds, why are you still up? why are you here?" asked enoch.

"i'm just thinking." said agatha, "jacob's in my bed, so..."

"oh yeah, your boyfriend's in your bed." said enoch as he rolled his eyes.

"would you like to seat with me? don't worry, i won't bite." said agatha.

enoch nodded and he sat beside agatha. agatha felt flattered— for some unknown reason, but she just shrugged it off, probably she was just happy because he didn't declined. she noticed the look on his face, it was like full of curiousity and questions.

"you could ask me anything if you'd like." said agatha, looking at enoch.

"why would i ask you?" asked enoch.

"because your eyes are full of questions." agatha said.