special chapter // horace's warning

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ REA TALKS ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

here's some deleted scenes because why not ಥ⌣ಥ

flashback | the loop

horace never actually liked his peculiarity, especially when his dreams— predictions, rather, is someone dying.

he never wants those kinds of dreams, but he only had one. victor. he was enoch's best mate, and he saw him die. he couldn't face victor after it happened.

he rushed to miss peregrine to tell victor his fortune, she listened, but victor, didn't, so, he died. horace cried alone for days, thinking he couldn't save his friend.

now, he has two of those nightmare predictions. he just saw agatha desario, bloody, breathing shallow, and almost as pale as snow— it was merely a glimpse but he saw her smile fade away.

he woke up, breathing heavily as he was panicking. horace rushed to miss peregrine's office, knocking loudly.

miss peregrine opened the door, "what's with the rush, mister?"

"i need to tell you something, miss, i prefer if it says between the both of us."

the boy entered miss peregrine's office, and he told miss peregrine about his predictions.

"you must warn miss desario, now. we need her to know, and tell her, nobody could know this except for the three of us."

horace left the office, and he headed to the living room, where agatha and jacob was having a laugh. it pained horace to see her happy, then the next few days he'll see her all bloody and almost dead— again.

"hey, jake, could i talk to agatha for a moment?" horace asked nicely.

"sure, er— i don't really mind.." jacob said, "go on agatha, talk to you later."

agatha stood up, and they went inside the library. agatha's smile faded into a curious face.

"is there something wrong?" agatha said, "horace? you alright?"

horace didn't know what to say, he just hugged her and sobbed.

agatha hugged back, "horace?"

he didn't say anything, he just sobbed. he couldn't take it anymore. he hid his feelings when he saw victor dying— dead most likely, but now he couldn't take it.

"did somebody hurt you?" agatha said, still clueless. "you could tell me." she said softly.

horace broke the hug, and he wiped his tears with his handkerchief.

"agatha, there's something i really need to tell you.." horace said and he took a deep breath, "whatever happens today, or the other day.."

"i just want to warn you, be careful."

agatha blinked confusedly, "i don't know—"

"you're going to die." horace blurted out.

it struck agatha, it broke her heart. she wasn't afraid to die, she was afraid of the reaction her loved ones would get.