18 // choice

agatha opened her eyes. she was in the middle of darkness and the light. infront of her was a blue door and beside her was death.

"choose your path." said death, as he tapped his fingers to the chair that randomly appeared.

"where does these paths lead me to?" agatha asked confusedly.

"this blue door— is the spiritual world. this light is the heaven, and this darkness is your life."

"since all of you mortals suffer everyday."

"why does a path leads to my life?" asked agatha.

"because you're not supposed to be hanging around with danger and myself." said death. "it's not yet your time but your choice."

"okay, fine, the darkness. i want to go there."

"as you wish." said death as they walked through the darkness.

agatha's physical body was brought to the hospital— by jacob.

the doctors said that she didn't have heartbeat for an hour already— it's a miracle that it came back. jacob went home to his grandpa's house— he's alive, yes.

"grandpa!" he said and hugged grandpa abe.

"jake." abe said.

jacob changed clothes, his clothes was full of blood and dirt. he had kept agatha's guitar with him. jacob's phone rang. it was from the hospital, saying that agatha desario is awake.

he took her guitar and left.

nick went inside agatha's room quietly, but she was awake.

"hey." said agatha.

"after all days i gave you? you're going to be in the peculiar children, and now, you almost died?" nick ranted.

"no, i did not 'almost died', i lost my heartbeat for an hour." said agatha and laughed.

"where'd you hear that from?" said a voice behind the siblings. they turned around and saw jacob holding agatha's guitar.

"jacob!" said agatha as she smiled "oh, you know. the nurses are gossipers. they're talking about me."

"'what a miraculous lady! she blah blah.'" agatha mocked the nurses.

"hey jacob." said nick awkwardly.

"hello nick." said jacob, smiling at him. "anyways, i brought your guitar."

jacob put the guitar beside agatha's bed. the door went open again, someone entered the room. all their attention went to it.

it was jacob's grandfather, abe.

"what are you doing here, grandpa?" asked jacob.

"you were gone when i was calling for you, so i came here. i knew you went here and i thought you came back for your friend." he said, and turned around at the two siblings, "anyways, i'm jacob's grandfather. abe."

"hey sir." said agatha and she gave him a smile, "i'm agatha."

nick gave him a small smile. "i'm nick, sir. agatha's brother."

"tell me, agatha, are you with jake all along his adventure with peculiars?"

"yes."

"then, tell me everything."

* * *

enoch still had tears in his eyes. agatha didn't even heard what he said. he said it back. he said 'i love you' back. but it was too late.
she's gone. agatha promised him she wouldn't die. but destiny hated him very much.

the peculiars and miss peregrine was in the ship— the one they used to save the ymbrynes. enoch was in a room. he sat in the floor and stared the empty wall.

'i love you, enoch o'connor.'

it echoed in his mind. his memories with agatha flashed to his mind. most of him, said that he should've confess earlier, so, they had more time together. but some of him also says that everything happened quick. none of it was his fault.

enoch cried, he remembered everything that agatha and himself did. how he got her almost dead on the first day they had met, how she confessed about victor and comforted him. how they talk comfortably to each other. everything.

tears fell from enoch's cheeks again as the memories of agatha and himself flashback like a virus but he wiped it away when someone got in the room. it was emma.

she sat beside him, "enoch, are you still thinking about agatha?"

enoch tried to be angry— "why do you care? as i remember, you weren't close to her."

"i want to say that where ever agatha is, she'll be always looking for you."

emma stood up and left enoch and his sadness.