special chapter // alternative ending

REA TALKS 

thank you so much for reading and voting for this story! and because of that, here's a special chapter!

* * *

jacob walked inside enoch's room, beside him was emma. jacob held agatha's guitar.

emma went closer to enoch and woke him up.

"agatha?" enoch said, looking up to emma. he looked away sadly. "what do you want, emma?"

jacob cleared his throat, making enoch to look at him. "portman."

"hey, uh, enoch." said jacob nicely and looked at emma. "can you give us a moment?"

emma nodded and left the room.

"what is it, portman?" asked enoch.

jacob looked sadly at enoch, his eyes were bloodshot— he was crying, obviously. enoch was pale— jacob knew it before. but now, he was paler, his eye circles getting darker.

"i want to give you this." jacob went closer to enoch and held out agatha's guitar— which enoch took from him. "agatha left that in your possession. her brother and i were keeping her things when we saw a letter."

"agatha said she knew she would die. she didn't know if she could survive." jacob said, a tear rolled his cheek.

enoch looked at jacob, tears cascaded his cheeks too.

"here's a letter." jacob sniffed, opening his bag and handing enoch an envelope. "it's from agatha."

enoch looked at the envelope. seeing agatha's messy hand writing made him more broken.

to enoch o'connor, my dearest love

that was written at the back of the envelope. enoch looked at jacob and smiled.

 enoch looked at jacob and smiled

"thank you, jacob."

jacob smiled back, "you're welcome, enoch. i'd be going."

with that, jacob left the room.

enoch looked at the envelope and the guitar. enoch laid the guitar on the mattress with was beside his work table.