14 // danger

agatha fixed her guitar's tone and started playing i'm a mess by ed sheeran.

"oh i'm a mess right now, inside out, searching for a sweet surrender but this is not the end," agatha sang.

the children stared and listen in amazement and awe. enoch's jaw was dropped.

"i can't work it out, how going through the motions, going through us,"

"and oh i've known it for the longest time, and all of my hopes, all of my own words are all over written on the signs, but you're on my road, walking me home..."

agatha suddenly stopped. she heard noise. she kept her guitar to its guitar bag and went outside the room quietly.

"children? children! come down here!" a man, who agatha assumed was mr. barron shouted.

"no one will command my children expect for me!" said miss peregrine, "i am in charge."

"go on, call them." said mr. barron.

the children went down scared and hid behind miss peregrine. mr. barron held a hand like butcher knife to jacob's throat.

miss peregrine turned around and started to hug every children and they went inside the living room.

now, it was just the old ones. emma, olive, agatha and enoch.

olive hugged miss peregrine and went inside, tears falling her cheeks.

"everything will be fine." the bird said as she hugged the crying emma and she went inside.

agatha looked at miss peregrine and the nervous jacob along with the waiting mr. barron.

she hugged miss peregrine and said, "we'll be safe."

she went inside sadly.

enoch was the last one, he hugged miss peregrine tight, now that they're almost hopeless— because of jacob portman and is the reason enoch's losing his motherly figure for decades.

enoch let go, and glared at jacob for a moment and went inside. the door was still open, miss peregrine held those doors.

"goodbye, my children." she said and closed the door.

miss avocet, who was behind the door shushed them.

the door burst open again. jacob was thrown in the floor and barron left happily with a bird cage in his arms.

miss avocet asked the children to close all doors, windows and gather up some gardening tools as weapons.

she held miss peregrine's cross bow and looked at the children.

"okay children, everyone with garden materials—" she was cut off when she was raised up high— and thrown in the floor.

jacob saw it— the monster, the hollowgast.

"it's here! hold your weapons!" commanded jacob as he got miss peregrine's crossbow and arrows.

he was supposed to shoot it, but it looks like the hollowgast notice.

"shit," jacob muttered to himself, "go, go! go to the attic!"

he shot up one arrow— it missed, the hollowgast was supposed to get him when— enoch went infront of him.

agatha saw it, she was supposed to go when she saw enoch, running down to help jacob.

enoch was raised up, he can feel the hollowgast's arm on his waist— he closed his eyes, breathing heavily.

"no!" agatha screamed.

jacob can see the hollowgast, almost attacking for enoch's eyes, he shot the hollow's lower body and it screamed. the hollow lost its grip to enoch, and enoch fell.

agatha helped enoch and pulled jacob, "come on! that hollow will revive as soon as it can!"

they went at the attic and closed the door.

jacob looked outside the window. it's raining— few minutes later, the house will be bombed.

"we need to jump the window!" said jacob and looked at the tree near the house.

"quick, i have a plan!"

jacob jumped first, emma was the second, helping all the other children. when fiona was down, jacob called her and said, "could you do something with that?"

he pointed out the tree, fiona nodded and started doing her job.

the people inside the house was agatha, enoch and olive.

agatha remove the guitar bag and gave it to olive.

"hold this for me, please?" agatha said, olive nodded and jumped the window.

"you should go, enoch." said agatha, enoch looked at her and jumped the window.

agatha gulped, she was afraid of heights.

the door started making noise, agatha looked back, she knew the hollowgast was trying to break the door already, and looked at the window again.

she sat at the window and jumped.

she ran, going to bridge that she thought fiona made. everyone was down already. she looked at the house and suddenly, the house was bombed.